“Run down but food is great”
Review of River Rock Inn American Bistro - CLOSED

River Rock Inn American Bistro
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Country Inn
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Great food! Facility run down. Ceiling over dining room falling down over our heads and floors filthy. Bathrooms grungy on the second floor. The owners should invest some $ on maintenance. Waitstaff friendly and spot on with service. Dinner and drinks for four $125.00. Get the mushroom bisque!

2  Thank Milfordmomtraveler
rivrock, Owner at River Rock Inn American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hi, I thank you for you reply and so very happy that you enjoyed the meal and service you had when you dined with us. A plumbing repair was made and the tiles were just screwed back up and it is not a well done repair, but, I assure you that it is not falling down atop of you and it is schedualed to be redone this winter when we can close the entire room down and do the job correctly. I am also sad that you found the place dirty. Although the hall and dining area are old and worn I am commited to keeping it clean. I am doing my best to keep the place up and I invest everything I have to make sure it is a success

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great service, great desert and wine. My wife rated her meal as very good, my meal was good. Little disappointed in the quality of the steak and soggy fries. The food tasted good and was prepared as order. I would go back for a late dessert and coffee or wine, not sure about dinner.

2  Thank MikeH0402
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This delightful place is a treat for the eyes as well as the taste buds. I loved the old-fashioned ambience in the cozy room with the fireplace. The wine and the food were wonderful. Unfortunately, there must have been a hiccup in the kitchen since our dinners were very slow to arrive. Once our dinners made it to our table, our concerns vanished. The chicken piccata was perfect in every way.

1  Thank QueenRavena
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Outstanding food and service. The menus is excellent. Traditional meals with special handling. The Salmon with pecan crust was delicious and the wine selection is also very good. Desserts are large enough to share. In fact, the food portion was so large that I ate it the rest the next day. The atmosphere is lovely. Dark wood, lace curtains and old style furniture give you the impression that you are dining in a private home.

1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and great food. The menu is well developed and very tasty. Filet is awesome, shrimp crostini is killer and the Etoufee was silly good. Kenny the owner is a pleasure to speak with and the porch over looking the garden is beautiful.

1  Thank aaron m