“relax on the porch”

Patisserie Fauchere
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Milford
Reviewed 26 July 2014

good coffee and delicious coffee cake on the great front porch. beautiful old house with lots of character i love that they have left the original home as intact as possible while having a great bakery and coffee house on first floor. staff were friendly and coffee was good and hot. if you go take a peek at all the rooms on first floor. home is beautiful with great woodwork,fireplaces and comfy couches must be wonderful in the winter. i love the porch though. wonderful to be able to sit outside on a covered porch.( they even have ceiling fans for the really hot days) lovely...

1  Thank Mary H

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Sitting on the quaint porch enjoying the summer sun my husband and I each has a cup of soup and shared a chicken salad sandwich. I had the grilled cauliflower soup and he had the carrot ginger. Everything was great. Fresh bread and all fresh ingredients.

The pastries looked amazing but we resisted. Might need to stop back before leaving town.

1  Thank Loracmom2boys .
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a most incredible breakfast spot, just next door to the hotel. I am not a fan of sweets, but everything we had was delectable. The mini fruit tarts were my favorite!

1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I spent the day hiking around in the area. I had heard that this was a cute little town, and it was. Very small, but also very cute. I'm glad we meandered into the town because we had the BEST lunch at this awesome place!

This appeared to be a really nice bakery that also served lunch, but we took a chance. I ordered the chicken salad w/cranberries on rye and the hubby ordered roast beef w/melted cheese pannini and slaw. (Very sweet girl at the counter!) I must admit it took longer than we are used to - but we enjoyed sitting on the quaint porch sipping some AMAZING coffee and looking at the cute little town on this BEAUTIFUL, sunny day. (The inside was SO AWESOME too, it's a victorian house - VERY cool!)

When the sandwiches came they were delivered by the very personable young man who made them. No WONDER they took a while! Everything was PLENTIFUL, delicious and very fresh. KUDOS! I truly wish we lived nearby so we could visit again. DO NOT MISS it if you are in town!
:))

1  Thank gram777
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Ok let's start with where we are!! This place is a true find in this area. I weekend here in the "Delaware Highlands" (sounds so much better than the P word). I waited 15 years and we finally have a bakery which provides the area with excellent breads, muffins, fabulous true French coffee in an elegant settings. I like to sit on the terrace and enjoy a real cup of French coffee or a spot of tea - which was served in a teapot and dainty tea cups. My friend and I had a crispy bakery-made English muffin served w real creamery butter and home made jam/preserves. We also had one of the best croissants (chocolate) I have ever had. My mouth is watering. I would pay any price to finally have a bakery worthy of any I patronized in NY/France. Let's face it, look where you are!!! Don't get me wrong, I love this area, but I have waited many years for a place like this which is just a short drive off "the mountain" and hallelujah, heaven in a bite. Thanks ❤️