“A real review”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Ok, so my Bride and I went to Milford recently on an errand. Undecided on where to eat for dinner we stopped at the Village Diner. Upon entering we noticed that the establishment is very clean. Its the kind of old school diner that brings you back to fond memories. Designed like the diners from way back when.

The diner had only a few patrons in it when we arrived. The menu had alot of good options. My Bride had a mushroom cheese burger deluxe. I had what was called the 'Fatty Patty'. Which is two patties between Texas toast. The burgers were made with fresh beef. Not frozen patties which was really good. We enjoyed them alot. With my burger I got 'disco fries'. Which is fries with brown gravy and melted cheese. Allthough it was a very small serving they were delicious. I had an iced tea and my Bride had coffee.

After dinner we each had a piece of pie. I had the coconut cream pie and my Bride had the peanut butter chocolate pie. Both were home made and were not great but good.

The bill comes at the end and it was a heck of alot more than I expected. For just the two of us it was nearly $36. bucks. For a diner, that is way too expensive. After tip we were in for over 40 bucks. The burger deluxe was almost 9 dollars. My burger was 6.25 and the fries were 5.50.

5.50 for a small order of fries is outrageous! I could see if it was big enough for 2 people to share but it wasnt. So, in closing, the place is clean. Staff is friendly, but WAY OVER PRICED!

1  Thank Chris G

Reviewed 19 October 2013

They have the BEST blueberry pancakes I have ever had. Loaded with blueberries and quite delicious. The waitresses are AWESOME! Always smiling and attentive. I've also had their Florentine Omelet - true test for me and it was the BEST I've ever had. No skimping on the Feta cheese and tons of spinach. If I could eat every meal there I would!

I have tried the OTHER diner in Milford and you couldn't pay me to go back there again!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Had a great breakfast in a classic Diner. Great service. Worth the drive out of town. My wife had an omelet and I had the Corn Beef Hash with eggs. Everything was very good.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Always stop and have breakfast as we leave Milford on our annual trip from Florida to Nova Scotia in June. We will be returning to Florida soon and plan to have breakfast once again at a true Dinner.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Ice cream malt is running, the dinner is Blt is not good. U could make better Blt at home than this place. This place turn me off with good. Grilled cheese taste not good as homemade at home. Cost us 25 dollars for dinner and two malt.