“If we hadn't been so tired we probably wouldn't have stayed”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Fort Yukon, Alaska
“If we hadn't been so tired we probably wouldn't have stayed”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

On a cross-country trip in a rented moving van, we agreed this was the most expensive and also probably the worst hotel of the tour.
When we arrived there were nats in the room and I smashed a bug on the bed. The room seemed dark and damp. If we hadn’t been so tired, we might have not stayed.
There was no in-room coffee. We were told it would be available in the office in the morning. BUT, in the morning the office person was busy cleaning the rooms – she couldn’t do both! The owners need to provide another person for office duties and for security. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to hire another housekeeper too. That woman was working hard, but one person just can’t do it all.
It was obvious that a restaurant on the property was in the remodeling process. There was really no place nearby to eat. Down the hill, in town, there were several places but they were not within walking distance, and negotiating town with the truck was challenging.
It was raining hard when we arrived and as we pulled off of the highway into the parking lot, our rear dual tires went deep into a hole that couldn’t be seen because of standing water. It tilted the truck so severely that we checked it on the way out. A small car dropping into that hole could be damaged. The hole needs to be filled and paved over; it is a true hazard, especially when it can’t be seen.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TerminationDust

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Islesboro, Maine
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Pet room had the worst smell of cigarettes and urine. The carpet was spongy as if they chronically washed it and it was never allowed to dry. No fitted sheets so the sheets lumped up at night. No tissues in the room. No coffee in the room. No breakfast in the small lobby-only coffee, tea, and cocoa. Very stingy. Driveway needs attention. Doors and walls very dirty. Yuck! Location is good-that's all.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vanWimberly_tx

Travellers are raving about these Milford hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 December 2010

the look at the room at first glance is fine, but upon closer look everything changes. There were missing tiles in the bathrooms, there's only one available outlet in the room and the bed is horrible. The sheets were so old they were thinning. When I sat down I could feel the springs of the mattress and the box spring was ripped relieving the wood. There is no onsite restaurant and the only place that will delivery is an overpriced chinese food place where the food isnt that great. The front desk guy barely spoke English, and he was the only worker we saw there. Stayed for the night and canceled.
Choose another hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sweetiecakes725
Turners Falls, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 October 2010

It was a Tuesday in late October, near evening. I was on 84 east, two-thirds the way home from a trade show in Pittsburgh. About a mile before Exit 46, the engine went "clack-clack-clack." The temperature gauge was pegged. My exhaust was full of blue smoke. I made it to the bottom of the ramp just as the dashboard lit up and coasted into a gas station. I opened the hood. The engine was smoking. I pulled the dipstick. Smoke came out the hole and the dipstick was dry. Darkness and rain were approaching. I was 200 miles from home. Red Carpet Inn next door! Yay!

After a couple quarts of oil, the engine turned over. Once it cooled off, it started. I drove to the Red Carpet. With AAA discount I paid $55 plus tax ($59.95?). Comfortable bed; table with 2 chairs plus refrigerator; clothes rack not a closet; good bathroom with minimal amenities. All looked clean to me. Slept well, neighborhood was quiet. Free coffee in the office. Perfectly satisfactory at the price, would stay there again. Supermarket about a mile away.

The next day, after I had checked out, I realized that I definitely needed to be towed back home. The lady in the office was very helpful and let me use the office phone three times: to check my credit card balance, to call AAA, and to call my workplace.

The tow truck came and now I am home. Yay!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I've been to many HOTEL's before, but I was SURPRISED by this property. Very Clean and friendly staff. It's not a holiday inn Express, but i would recommend this place to anyone. I like how i can drive up to my room. More importantly it was clean.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Pa.
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This Red Carpet Inn is affordable nice,only problem was the AC unit was a little loud .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Our family travels with a pet. It's a little difficult to find places that are pet friendly so we thought this would be ok. We had reserved for family of 5 with a pet.. they knew we needed a cot for extra person (had to ask when we got there). The room was really small and once the room heated up it stank so bad. We requested another room and were told that this single unit was the only one allowing pets, and they handed me a can of Oust!..... When we checked out the next day there was a woman walking her dog from next door. (so they lied). We were given two towels... (for a family of 5, had to ask, again). The rug was sooo dirty, i took my shoes off and within 10 minutes of walking around in my socks.. they were black. If i was familiar with the area I would have checked out that instant, and found another place taking pets. When i asked the service station next door if they knew of another place they told me to be careful.. they have been robbed just recently. Couldnt even find a spare outlet to charge my phone. Save you health... stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelwithpennygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Newton

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!