“Horrific!!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 17 August 2012

They don't bother telling you that the "pet friendly" room is also a smoking room. They left the window open and that helped with the smell but the room was full of moths and knats. I would never walk barefoot on the carpet. Cheapest toilet paper you could ever imagine. And, the shower head came flying off at me when I actually decided to enter that filthy shower with hairs (not mine!) all over it and the bathroom. Since they don't bother to leave the a/c on the room was really musty and even worse when I turned on the a/c because then I got to smell the smoking part of this hole. I would rather sleep in a septic tank. When I asked for a discount, the not showered greasy manager said..."haha...no".

Room Tip: Just don't do it!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MRANDMRSBURRITO
Bob P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hi,

We are under New Management and Ownership, since Nov 2012. We have made many upgrades and improvements to the new Red Carpet Inn since you have been here last.

I apologize for the service you received before we changed ownership, but hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future as the new and improved Red Carpet Inn Milford.

Bob
Manager/Owner
Red Carpet Inn Milford

Reviewed 5 August 2012

the room was not very clean, the towels dirty! room was spacious enough, and the free wifi was helpful, but this place is just enough too far from Milford that you have to call a taxi to go there, and its annoying.
only picked it cuase the other places in town were full.

Room Tip: be sure to pick a non-smoking room!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HPNY_12
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We arrived in Milford looking for a hotel - there seemed to be only very expensive hotels or really run-down almost-scary-looking hotels. Luckily we were directed to the Red Carpet Inn - it is a very basic motel - not a lot of frills but for the price - it was fine. All three of the employees we interacted with were pleasant and helpful and while our room wasn't fancy - it was clean and neat. The bathroom looked as though it had been recently re-done and it was clean. This is not a fancy hotel - but for the price - it was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelpages33
Reviewed 20 August 2011

On a cross-country trip in a rented moving van, we agreed this was the most expensive and also probably the worst hotel of the tour.
When we arrived there were nats in the room and I smashed a bug on the bed. The room seemed dark and damp. If we hadn’t been so tired, we might have not stayed.
There was no in-room coffee. We were told it would be available in the office in the morning. BUT, in the morning the office person was busy cleaning the rooms – she couldn’t do both! The owners need to provide another person for office duties and for security. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to hire another housekeeper too. That woman was working hard, but one person just can’t do it all.
It was obvious that a restaurant on the property was in the remodeling process. There was really no place nearby to eat. Down the hill, in town, there were several places but they were not within walking distance, and negotiating town with the truck was challenging.
It was raining hard when we arrived and as we pulled off of the highway into the parking lot, our rear dual tires went deep into a hole that couldn’t be seen because of standing water. It tilted the truck so severely that we checked it on the way out. A small car dropping into that hole could be damaged. The hole needs to be filled and paved over; it is a true hazard, especially when it can’t be seen.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TerminationDust
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Pet room had the worst smell of cigarettes and urine. The carpet was spongy as if they chronically washed it and it was never allowed to dry. No fitted sheets so the sheets lumped up at night. No tissues in the room. No coffee in the room. No breakfast in the small lobby-only coffee, tea, and cocoa. Very stingy. Driveway needs attention. Doors and walls very dirty. Yuck! Location is good-that's all.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vanWimberly_tx
Reviewed 25 December 2010

the look at the room at first glance is fine, but upon closer look everything changes. There were missing tiles in the bathrooms, there's only one available outlet in the room and the bed is horrible. The sheets were so old they were thinning. When I sat down I could feel the springs of the mattress and the box spring was ripped relieving the wood. There is no onsite restaurant and the only place that will delivery is an overpriced chinese food place where the food isnt that great. The front desk guy barely spoke English, and he was the only worker we saw there. Stayed for the night and canceled.
Choose another hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sweetiecakes725
Reviewed 28 October 2010

It was a Tuesday in late October, near evening. I was on 84 east, two-thirds the way home from a trade show in Pittsburgh. About a mile before Exit 46, the engine went "clack-clack-clack." The temperature gauge was pegged. My exhaust was full of blue smoke. I made it to the bottom of the ramp just as the dashboard lit up and coasted into a gas station. I opened the hood. The engine was smoking. I pulled the dipstick. Smoke came out the hole and the dipstick was dry. Darkness and rain were approaching. I was 200 miles from home. Red Carpet Inn next door! Yay!

After a couple quarts of oil, the engine turned over. Once it cooled off, it started. I drove to the Red Carpet. With AAA discount I paid $55 plus tax ($59.95?). Comfortable bed; table with 2 chairs plus refrigerator; clothes rack not a closet; good bathroom with minimal amenities. All looked clean to me. Slept well, neighborhood was quiet. Free coffee in the office. Perfectly satisfactory at the price, would stay there again. Supermarket about a mile away.

The next day, after I had checked out, I realized that I definitely needed to be towed back home. The lady in the office was very helpful and let me use the office phone three times: to check my credit card balance, to call AAA, and to call my workplace.

The tow truck came and now I am home. Yay!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Newton

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!