“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Jermyn, Pennsylvania
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked here based on good reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. Don't let the outside motel-look fool you. Nothing fancy, but very clean (inside and grounds)- bathroom was spotless! Looks like there were recent room renovations- nicely done. Front desk was very helpful and talked us in when we were a little lost in getting there- he even remembered that I had asked if there was a drug store nearby and when I checked in he reminded me that WalMart was just down the road and open 24 hrs. How nice! Diner next door did not disappoint for breakfast either. Location is great - right of 84 with food/general shopping nearby. Thank you very much for a pleasant stay.

2 Thank A R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Citrus Springs, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Spent 3 days in Milford area and stayed at the Scottish Inns. We selected this motel over other higher priced options in the area and were very pleasantly surprised. The Inn is family owned and operated by friendly, attentive owners, who are available at anytime to assist. This is not a large, fancy Pocono palace and it is not new, but it has been nicely renovated and it reflects the owner's passion and pride for their place. It is very, very, very clean!! An overall great value. Additionally, its just a few steps next door to a diner with very good food. We will certainly stay here again, the next time we visit Milford.

1 Thank Richard L
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Definitely will be coming back. Woman at the desk is very courteous and considerate. She is also very knowledgeable of the area. She suggested the diner next door for breakfast.
Decent sized room with two double beds. Bathroom was small, but recent updates were appreciated.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel has been my "sight for sore eyes" literally as I frequently drive from Pittsburgh to Boston and back again. This is a convenient halfway point between the two. Quite often I arrive late and they always leave the light on for me. Very clean, good internet, and probably one of the best values you can find. I recommend this to any weary road traveler. Why pay double else where? I actually sleep more soundly here knowing I have the best deal and value you can find in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Thomas K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am a New Yorker that comes to Milford regularly. I have stayed at several of the local motels and the Scottish Inns Milford is the best. Newly renovated, it is uber-clean, safe and the owners are attentive and very nice. A GREAT value and I would recommend this motel to all. The best value in Milford.
You will not be disappointed. I plan on staying here in May!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Clear room. Fair rate. Very good service. Every time when I call this inn, they always asked the time I would be arrived. They turn up the heating a hour before I come in, let me feel like visit a family relative , not a hotel. They did it for me several years.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
New York Hudson Valley Region
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We usually stay at major hotel chains but when we saw Scottish Inns in Milford was $50 less than a "name brand" and got very good reviews, we took our chances with this unknown chain with separate units. We made the right decision. Very clean, very comfortable with heaters in the bedroom and bathroom that kept us toasty warm even though the temperatures outside were frigid and it was not only right off the highway, it was also close to several major shopping centers and some good restaurants.
If you're looking to stay in historic Milford, this is a bit out of the way but it was a short drive to all those places in the town that we wanted to see.
I'll be looking for more Scottish Inns as we travel around this winter!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pmorena
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hotel Fauchere
#5 of 6 in Milford
FairBridge Inn Express
FairBridge Inn Express
#6 of 6 in Milford

Been to Scottish Inns Milford? Share your experiences!