“Surprising Find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Bear Cafe - CLOSED

Black Bear Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: The best Mexican food in Milford.
Millinocket, Maine
“Surprising Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

On our way to Maine it was getting late so we decided to look into stopping in Milford. We decided to continue on but ate first. We choose the Black Bear Cafe. It was an excellent choice. It's small, maybe four inside tables. They have a few vegetarian options. I had the veggie burrito. It was not as "beanie" as I was expecting but very pleasing. My wife and I shared a bowl of a potato soup that was even better. Topped it all off with a Flan. Seemed a bit pricey but on our way out of town it looked like a tourist town so it made sense.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
“Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Another great eatery in Milford is Black Bear Café. Fresh cooked Mexican cuisine. Casual setting with good service.

Visited May 2014
Olyphant, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Whenever I'm in Milford I make sure to stop at Black Bear Cafe. I always try something new and am never disappointed! It's lovely when the weather is warm because then you can sit in the back; a beautiful garden area. Great quality food at decent prices. One of my favorite places to go--too bad I don't love any closer!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Mexican? More like Mex i cant cook.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Really disappointed with seeing that this was the number one restaurant. I love Mexican food but I guess I'm so spoiled with going to taco bell and getting even better Mexican food there. Plus it was so small. I like to sit down and eat food and enjoy the atmosphere but not there with their four tables. Take out it was but still. Crappy food.

Milford, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Delicious authentic Mexican food. Go with a good appetite as the portions are generous. We recommend the guacamole, made fresh, a great starter. They have standard Mexican fare, but the specials are unique. Don't forget desert, order the flan, it's as good as you're going to find anywhere!

Staff is attentive, they try to please. Small restaurant with limited seating. Outdoor dining is available, weather permitting. They do a very good takeout.

This restaurant is highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014