“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Was in the area to see the Grey Tower for our anniversary. Stop here by recommendation from the tour guide there. The sign says Italian cuisine, and in small print Mediterranean. They should not play down the Mediterranean. What a great menu. We ate off the spring menu. We shared two apps "pigs in a blanket" (which was pulled pork and a sweet chutney) and Turkish veal meatballs with yogurt sauce. I got the veal short ribs, and while they were deliciously prepared and beautifully plated, I found the layer of fat on it hard to chew. I truly think it was a product of the cut rather then the preparation. My husband had the Moroccan tagine chicken, which was delicious also. The service was polite and didn't not rush us. Many great options on the menu for the adventurous eater. Entries from $20-30. Lots of fun theme nights. Check the Facebook page.

There are newer reviews for The Grotto

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place is wonderful! I came in with my wife and our two friends and we sat out on the patio. My wife is vegetarian who always expects a footnote of a vegetarian selection on other menus when we go out. But this place has a full feature menu, for both lunch and dinner. We both got the signature salads which were excellent and exceeded our expectations. Our main course I had ordered the goat skewers and my wife had the sauteed vegetables with weathered lentils. Both were exquisite and the goat was the best I have had in quite a long time. We finished the night with cake truffles and cheesecake. The chef even did a meet and greet with us. I don't know what all these other reviewers are thinking saying that this place is terrible because it is anything but that! We will be back again to try more of this fabulous menu.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A group of us had dinner there last week and we were all delightfully surprised at the fine cooking, presentation and overall creativity in evidence. A real delight as the food was excellent and particularly delicious, and the Owner/Chef - Adam - came out to tell us a little about his philosophy and restaurant. BYOB makes for an inexpensive meal; it was a wonderful evening from every perspective - I strongly recommend "The Grotto"!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch recently. Loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Had to park on a side road because there are so few parking spots out back.

My husband had linguini, marinara and chicken with fresh veggies on the side. He was very pleased with his meal. I had the pan seared salmon and thought that it had been previously frozen. There were interesting spices on the top which gave it some flavor. The wild nut pilaf was appreciated and had some pleasant spices and herbs. The seasonal vegetables were varied but a pinch overdone for me.

Since we pass this way several times a year, I will try this restaurant again and probably get the linguini dish.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I would highly recommend for you to stay away from this disaster.... We get there and look at the menu an that's when we should have realized we were not going to leave happy... The service was horrible we gave our drink orders an we didn't see the waitress for over 15 mins ( there was only 2 other tables) and they also left with nothing good to say... We finally get our appitzers an that was a joke not to mention disgusting we sucked it up and at this time we are thinking about leaving before our food comes but we stick it out... Food comes awful!!!! We all got the create your pasta an it tasted as if they dumped the whole thing of seasoning into the sauce I took a taste an I literally spit it out please please do not go there save your money

3  Thank sheamartin