“Average food not the greatest pizza”
Review of Roma Pizza - CLOSED

Roma Pizza
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Average food not the greatest pizza”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This has been taken over a few times now. This is an average pizza place the waitress was very young and had to bring any questions back into the kitchen for answers didn't know much about the menu. The pizza was tasteless and not a good reason to return. Nothing about the experience stood out in a good way and we will not be returning.

Visited January 2014

Fishers, Indiana, United States
“In My Life, this is THE BEST pizza ever!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Ridiculous claim, right?

NOT!

First, let me add context: 62 years young, we LOVE pizza.

Second, we DO drive two hours to French Lick, Indiana for lunch or dinner for our "now" number two pizza (sorry, Dear Friend's at Jody's 19th Hole...we'll still come back!)

Roma's Owner and cook is an Army veteran ( thanks, Will! God Bless you, Sir, i loved the ball cap). Inge was our server and she, like Will, was really good at conversation and making us feel welcome.

We arrived after 2+ hours of hiking at Bushkill Falls, followed by a beautiful 45mph drive on 209 to Milford, "to see what may be up there" while checking out the local scenery along the Delaware River. I saw Roma Pizza and Restaurant while my bride was checking her ipad for recommendations, just before we were ready to turn around and head back to Shawnee on the Delaware. I had NO recommendation to stop there...just a hunch, a growling stomach, and well-tested technique to check out another local pizza place in America. It's our traveling style when pizza is the topic. :-)

We ordered the Roma Sicilian Special, and when Will asked half or large, we said we're hungry and looking for lunch. He showed us the half dough and we could NOT believe our eyes. Then we ordered it with extra pepperoni and no olives, preceded by the new caprese salad which was fabulous and fresh.

This cooked dough became a delicious, thick but light crust, described by Will as "I let it rise a lot". Amen, Brother! Fresh toppings, semi-sweet tomato sauce, crisp crust thick enough to hold and eat without worrying it was going to flop over and let the toppings slide onto your plate.

I told Will I was going to write this up for TA. He said he'd appreciate it, and invited us back from Indiana anytime. He mentioned he's got local customers and folks who drive more than an hour every week. I laughed and thought to myself that we're not running solo in the crazy department when on our way to Jody's in French Lick ( Larry Bird's home town.) Eat up! And thanks again, Will...fine hospitality, superb pizza, and a patriot owner and chef!

• Visited September 2013