“Great Atmosphere With Excellent Food and Service”

Waterwheel Cafe, Bakery & Bar
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Milford
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Vietnamese, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated on the Sawkill Creek, in Milford, PA the Waterwheel Café, Bakery & Bar was started in April of 1989 in a restored 19th century water-powered mill, which is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally built in the early 1800's this lively example of American history is now in action and its doors are open to the public. Water rushes over the three-story high water-wheel, driving a series of shafts, gears, pulleys and belts that once powered the stones & grain-milling equipment, all visible through the glass walls of the Café & Bar. Starting at first as a bakery & lunch café the Waterwheel has grown into a full scale restaurant, bakery and bar-serving breakfast & lunch daily with dinners being served Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings. Waterwheel's customers are comfortable in a relaxed, casual atmosphere. The kitchen staff consistently prepares a fresh and flavorful eclectic menu that excites not only the palate, but the eye as well.
Hendersonville
“Great Atmosphere With Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The restaurant is located inside a restored water wheel mill with shops upstairs. The food is great with daily specials including the Wrap of the Day. Wine and beer are also available. This small restaurant has a good selection of lunch entrees and their desserts are from heaven. Apple Strudel, Cookies, Cakes and more.
I also had breakfast one morning and their whole grain pancakes are amazing! The prices are right and the food is special. The place is popular. Eat early or late but avoid the peak meal times.

Stuart, Florida
“Good food, Atmosphere, Made the Day!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

MY daughter found this little restaurant by searching the web. We had visited Dingmans falls and this was a nice stop afterwards. It was a charming place and the food was good too! I had the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant with walnuts and grapes. A side of cole slaw came with it. We purchased the chocolate chip cookies on the way out and they were GREAT! Fifty cents each.
The atmosphere was great and we took pictures near the old wheel and mill. Visit the bathroom and you will find it. The bar is open from Thursday night to the week end. We wish we could visit because it looked so nice.
The little store was cute too and we purchased some trinkets.

Milford, Pennsylvania
“Good food, best value, intimate”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice bakery, excellent breakfast, and a good fusion diner menu. It's small so you may have to wait on the weekends. Service is wonderful. Outdoor dining in the summer. Located inside a restored water wheel mill with shops upstairs. Live music in the bar some nights - intimate. I live in Milford and this is my favorite place.

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Never a disappointment!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We visit our friends in Milford for a week every year and I ALWAYS have to have a scone from the Water Wheel! Without a doubt the best scone I've tried. I am not sure what or how they do it different but it is oh so yummy! Breakfast is indeed good but we had dinner there for the first time this year. My husband is a trained chef and it is hard to please him .. well he was very pleased! We started with the Roasted Beet Salad. This was one of the best I've had! For our main course I had the Red Snapper Filet with Garlic Aioli. I was worried the garlic might be too heavy but it was well balanced with lemon. The lightness of the couscous was a wonderful pairing. I ate everything! My husband had the Crispy Hazelnut Pork Chops. His plate looked as if he had licked it cleaned. He would have preferred a touch more salt but when I tasted them I thought they were perfect. I would be hard pressed in choosing between these two so I guess we will have to continue to order both and share! The owner/bartender actually went out back and picked fresh mint to make us mojitos. Talk about great service!! If you can pop in on a Thursday night when they have live music, you will not be disappointed. We have told our friends that is where we will be on Thursday evenings from now on when we visit. Bring a scone home with you for a treat later.

Ohio
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My daughter and I stopped here on a recent trip. I had the ham and brie sandwich which was very good. All the excellent ratings is why we stopped and it as good as everyone said.

• Visited July 2013