“Look elsewhere... maybe across the street even.”

FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Look elsewhere... maybe across the street even.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family stayed here summer 2012. We were limited with options as we had our dog with us (sellers on the house we were buying needed extra time and we had moved out of our apartment already). The room was a decent size but everything was very dated. The room smelled musty, was dark and dreary. The people were nice enough checking us in. We are not high maintenance when we stay places but this place was definitely lacking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ChristinaSteak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on the way from Virginia to Vermont. The Milford Motel offers basic, clean, and affordable accommodation, with nice, firm beds. And the owners were kind and considerate. My wife left behind a book which the owners promptly mailed to us in Vermont without charge. An easy walk to downtown Milford and lots of good places to eat. This is a regular trip for us and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property the night before we were to see our children at camp visiting day. Since the camp is 5 hours from our home, we thought it advisable to split the travel into two days and stay overnight.

Normally, the Milford Motel charges something like $65/night. For the night before visiting day, however, the motel was quoting something like $115. We eventually booked the room for $95 on Priceline. I understand that prices rise when demand rises, but a 50 percent premium is steep.

The check-in process was fine, though the clerk spoke in a very heavy accent, and he had to write down the wifi password for us to understand him.

The room itself was plain but fairly large, containing two queen size beds. I've read many reviews of this property saying the rooms were scrupulously clean; I'll just say that they were clean enough. While looking behind the headboard for an outlet for my CPAP, there were chips of paint and dust, and perhaps other dirt but I looked away pretty quickly.

Air conditioning was good, but extremely loud. Heat or noise--pick your poison. Mattresses were firm, but under the bedspreads there were only a top sheet and a fitted sheet, no blanket. My wife was freezing, though I was comfortable. As far as the bathroom goes, it was clean and small. The shower head was at my neck level, and I'm average height. The towels were small and very thin.

Milford itself is nice, with quite a few restaurants in town. While the motel is in easy walking distance of downtown, I'd recommend driving the few blocks. That's because there is no sidewalk from the motel to the town, and there is very little space on the side of the road.

Overall, an OK experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mgips
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 June 2014

While on a road trip found this nice property. The place was exceptionally clean, the staff were pleasant and helpful. It is rather retro looking but we loved it.
This is a great bargain and a wonderful town for tourists too.
I highly recommend for the price and quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank w2marlene
Centereach, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The owner/operator is a character, but was very nice. The rooms are very large, but are very dated. Overall it was a good experience but the 6 of us took 6 rooms and nobody had any complaints. It was good enough for a lay over place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Aram M
newbury
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Nice enough people, rates cheap, but mild dew masked with some sort of cleaning solution makes the over all experience questionable..... Maybe in the summertime with all the windows open .....could use a towel up grade and the bed spreads again questionable.....would try another spot next time

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tomtravelernewbury
Lady Lake, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here October 24th, 2013. The price was 49.99 for 2 people with 1 king bed. It is not American run, but I was very impressed with the woman and she was extremely helpful and courteous. The only thing I had a slight problem with that prevented me giving this a higher rating, was that it was in the 20's at night and the only heater was a tiny wall heater that barely kicked out any heat. The baseboard heat was not hooked up anymore. We ran the hairdryer constantly until the room was warm enought for us to remove our coats. We Ended up sleeping in our clothes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!