“A pleasant surprise”
Review of Myer Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Myer Country Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I was just passing through, but it would be a wonderful and mellow place to spend a week with family. Freshly decorated room, public space for kids to play, barbecues, etc. Laid back and close to all kinds of activities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JMBVT

Reviewed 11 May 2013

This place is really nice. It is like a country setting. The cottages are very quaint and all of them are a different color scheme. The owners are very nice and very helpful. We stay there about every 2 weeks during the summer months. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We get the king cottage and the very end of the parking lot and our employees get various rooms but...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

My single cottage was the perfect place to stay after a long day on the road. No complications and easy to get back on the highway. American kitch and extremely clean, felt like home. It's located on the outskirts of Milford and within walking distance of at least one restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank vcw2002
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed here on a recent weeknight trip to Milford on family business and found a spacious cabin with a comfortable king-sized bed, spotless and relatively new bath area, nicely heated (early Spring!) and extremely (!!) quiet. Coffee and juice were 'on the house' in the morning and the staff were so pleasant. Very happy with the experience and will stay here again upon my next visit to Milford.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Me & 3 friends checked in here after staying at a place the night before with no heat, a highway 20ft from the window & no running water (til the repair guy let himself in around midnight to fix it). Terrible experience.

We booked a night at the Meyer Country Motel after seeing the excellent TripAdvisor reviews & the great price. It was a great find. The room was very clean, spacious, the bathroom had fresh towels, the courtyard outside was nice to look at & the coffee & orange juice at the office in the AM was a nice touch. Also, the guy at the front desk was very friendly & recommended a delicious local restaurant for dinner. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank andrew0nline
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a night here on our travels in the poconos. The individual feel of the cabins was fantastic. The room was large, basic and had a nice/cozy feel. The personal porch is a great touch as well. The folks there were fantastic. When we left we found a pair of glasses underneath the bed and put them on the dresser. The manager or owner guessed the cafe we were eating in and drove out to return the glasses. She went way out of her way. Too bad they were not ours so we felt bad yet felt great for great service and care.

Only thing is during the winter make sure to call ahead to have the heat turned on or turn on and go for dinner (what we did). I takes a couple of hours to warm up if left cold from night before.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulNikulin
Craig C, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed Milford and our Motel.Please come back during the Summer and enjoy the porches and a little warmer weather. Thanks!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stay there for two nights, checking in at Saturday and checking out at Monday morning. We live in the NYC and decide to try somewhere quiet. The rating for this place was nice and not that far of a drive. However, my overall stay was just "okay", here's the reason why.

Pros:
-Spacious clean room.
-Plenty of towels and condiments.
-The owners are nice.

Cons:
-Old school TV, and the screen gets fuzzy off and on while we try to watch the football game on Sunday. I used to have those TVs when I was a kid, so I try moving the wires a little bite, not perfect but does the job.
-Hard mattress, I had back pains all day.
-Flush the toilet two to three times to get everything clear.

We didn't eat anything on Saturday so we grab something to eat at Milford Diner, and few hours later I got really sick, I am guessing its the coleslaw. The weekend was ruined for me because I too sick to do any activities that we planned to do. We left early Sunday night, because I can't bare another night with that hard mattress. We both agreed that heading home was the happiest thing throughout this whole trip.

This motel only lost a star for their hard mattresses but everything else was good. I won't be going back in the future because of the back pains.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Donuts123
littleoxer, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Our plans for the near future are to update the TV's and replace the mattresses after we remodel 4 bathrooms. Every year we try to do a project to make this Motel a great place to stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
#5 of 6 in Milford
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to Myer Country Motel? Share your experiences!