“the best place to stay and the kids loved it just as much”
Review of Myer Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Myer Country Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milford
hudson fl
“the best place to stay and the kids loved it just as much”
Reviewed 1 May 2007

we always go to Pa every year and this is the only place that we will stay at ... the rooms are really clean and every room is done diffrent.. The owners are great .... There was one time we went there in the winter time the snow and ice was taken care of, and they didnt care if the kids played in the snow, at first we stayed across the st and the owners there had a cow because they were playing ... They have one great room with a kitchen and thats room 11 thats our best room that we like and very roomy ..each room has their own porch,and we like that every much too... we really cant say nothing bad about it at all ... you will love it there every much when you go there.... enjoy !!!!!!!!

• Liked — the location is great and easy to get to ny and nj
  • Disliked — none !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pagirlstuckinfla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2007

This was our first time staying at the Myer Country Inn and will not be our last. We normally stay at the Best Western down the road, ( We travel up to that area ay least once a month) but being they said they were booked for this past weekend, I made a call to the Myer Country Inn, and they had a vacancy, so I booked it. I add, that every time we have called to book the Myer Country Inn, they were always booked...

Getting back, I was very happy with the cottage that we stayed in. It was very clean, but did have a slight musty odor, but with the cottage being over 60 years old, is understandable and actually dissapared quickly.. The retro style was really neat and different than all of the modern places that are out there. I remember the tiled bathrooms growing up in the 1950's! The beds, I thought were quite comfortable.

The Inn-keepers were ver friendly and were able to answer some questions that were asked by us and other guests.. They do have coffe and juice in the office each morning. There is a refrigerator in each room, cable TV and wireless internet access.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Rednep
washington, dc
Reviewed 7 September 2006

I went to Milford over Labor Day weekend on a whim, a friend's travelling companion had to cancel and she asked me to come along. I read the other review of the Myer motel the night before we left and was excited at the prospect of a restful weekend in what sounded like a lovely property in a bucolic town.

Milford was great -- interesting stores, fabulous victorian homes, a great new modern art gallery, a couple of good restaurants we discovered. But my anticipation of peace and quiet at the Myer was not fulfilled.

I'm told I have sensitive hearing, but I had trouble sleeping with the noise from the street/highway and neighborhood kids. Plus, I enjoy lounging in bed on holiday weekends, and we were awakened by the housekeeper two mornings in a row.

My other issue was hot water. It seemed to last about 4 minutes in the shower and then turned steadily colder.

Given that I was a guest of my friend, I didn't feel it was my place to complain, but I want to let others who read these reviews to know so they have their expectations in check if they decide to stay at Myer Motel.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Reasonable Rates
  • Disliked — Noise, lack of hot water
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
6 Thank DMWizard
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2006

Since my husband and I were visiting this area for the first time, we were relying on Tripadvisor to find us the best place for a reasonable price. Although the Myer Country Motel only had one review, it was a glowing one. After checking out their website and seeing the photos of the rooms, cottages, and grounds; we decided to reserve a room. We were not dissappointed!! Everything is exactly as shown on their website and Sharon & Craig Cox were very accommodating to our needs.
We were attending our daughter's wedding and were sure to pass on our "motel find" to other wedding guests travelling to Milford and in need of a totally relaxing atmosphere. There were a few more reservations made as well and everyone fully enjoyed their stay. I would definitely stay here again and hope anyone reading our review will book with confidence and certainty that it is a wonderful place to stay. It is easy to find,very clean, extra large units and lots of running room if you are travelling with children. There is even morning coffee and orange juice to get your day started. I know you'll enjoy your stay as much as we did.

5 Thank theMcEwens
Boston
Reviewed 23 August 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in August; we needed a budget motel to break up a long road trip. This property was so nice we wish we could have stayed longer. Every guest stays in a little cottage, and each is tastefully decorated, quiet, and squeaky-clean. The innkeeper was very friendly, and quite accommodating with our late arrival.

Additionally, downtown Milford is very cute, and you'll have easy access to the Poconos' attractions from this motel. If we're ever in the area again, we'll seek this place out!

• Liked — Roomy accommodations, cottage atmosphere/decor
  • Disliked — No breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SarahP1118
New York, NY
Reviewed 20 April 2006

The Myer Country Motel is the cleanest, friendliest most perfect place to stay in Milford. My family and I have been staying there while our home is being built the the area. Weekend after weekend we are impressed with the accommodations. The owners, Craig & Sharon Cox, have succeeded in creating a great little getaway in the center of Milford. The cottages are well maintained and very clean. Everyone from the owners to the housekeeping staff to the neighbors is always eager to make guests feel welcome. Don't miss this place...it's like going to Grandma's house.

7 Thank nyweezie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to Myer Country Motel? Share your experiences!