All reviewsdelmonico roombar louisgranolacontinental breakfastsushi pizzanext doorturn down serviceheated towel rackdeluxe roomcorner roompastrysun roomsconesrelais and chateauxheated floorsquichefirst rate
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I had such an amazing time at the Hotel Fauchere in November. WHAT A GEM! The service was amazing, we loved the attention to detail in service and design (kiehl's products in the bathroom, bottle of sparkling water by bed, great sheets), the tasting menu in the dining room was FABULOUS and I have not stopped talking about the yogurt from breakfast since. It was seriously the best yogurt I've had in my life. I ate two mason jars worth!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EBAB2014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Myself, husband, and 14 year old son had the pleasure of staying here last Saturday on December 28th. The hotel staff was extremely attentive without being intrusive. We were offered an early check in so unfortunately we missed the tour as were ventured to the Grey Towers and Columns Museum and strolled about town. The room was cozy, clean, and updated. There was a Nexpresso Machine in the room and the heated towel racks were a lovely touch.The shower was large and thick white bathrobes hung ready in the closet. We ate lunch at their bistro next door, dinner at Bar Louis, and breakfast in the main restaurant. The food was excellent, the only exception being our main dinner entrée at Bar Louis and once the waitress noticed none of us had eaten it she offered ( I never asked) to take it off our bill. But seriously, the appetizers and desserts were fantastic. I really enjoyed our stay and will be sure to return soon. I took advantage of a Jetsetter email blast or I would never in a million years have stumbled upon such a lovely town or hotel. Thank you to all at Hotel Fauchere who made our visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

ROOM: spacious yet intimate, deep sleep in plush bed, sitting room large and bright with floor to ceiling windows, warm shower towels always a gift, Kiehl products gender neutral and lovely.

FOOD: Delmonico Room Winter tasting dinner an outstanding expression of culinary genius, breakfast you could eat anytime of the day, every day, delicious homemade yogurt, oh pastries and the evening cookies and milk....

HOTEL ATMOSPHERE: warm, intimate, quiet, sun room with hotel library perfect for reading or quiet contemplation, French music playing throughout public areas summons you to sing.

STAFF: genuinely kind, professional, compassionate (one in our family suffered a skiing injury), people you're glad to have met.

Room Tip: Rooms 3 and 4 with terrace great for family as you can close a hallway door and have private passage between rooms, and the expansive terrace is exclusively yours!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I spent an enjoyable night at Hotel Fauchere, located in the delightfully quaint town of Milford, PA. This was our first stay, and we were pleasantly surprised. Although not yet five stars, it really is an enjoyable place to stay.

The pros:

The ambiance of the hotel is lovely, as is the hotel restoration.
The rooms are small but immaculately clean, pleasant, and comfortable.
The staff was pleasant and accommodating.
The restaurants were very nice serving an interesting menu.
The bathrooms were clean and attractive.
The continental breakfast was fabulous. Outstanding yogurt, a nice touch to the grapefruit, tasty bakery item, and excellent coffee.
Although the Badea and Soul Spa is dated in atmosphere, the couples massage(s) we received were exceptional. If we are in the area again, we will return. The staff was accommodating and the services outstanding.

The cons:

The rooms are quite small.
The hotel should offer an area in the conservatory or elsewhere where guests could help themselves to tea or coffee.
No refrigerators or coffee makers in the rooms.
The hotel staff promised a gluten free bakery item for my spouse at continental breakfast which never transpired.
The staff and servers in both restaurants definitely should be better versed on food allergies. My husband has a sensitive gluten allergy, and was told the granola was gluten free - it was not. We had a similar experience in Bar Luis. Incorrect information could have resulted in his becoming very ill, as is the case with many food allergies.

Overall, we had a lovely stay and we would recommend the Hotel Fauchere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Usually stay here twice a year on way through to SC. Staff has always be friendly and helpful. Rooms are on the small side but clean and the bed is comfortable. We have never eaten in the the main restaurant, seems is only open weekends. We do enjoy Bar Louis. Will be staying again in January.

Room Tip: We like rm #11. The shower configuration works best for us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple