“Living History”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Ohio
“Living History”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Fauchere is a beautiful place to spend a few days.
The Hotel itself is quite nice, I'd give it 4 stars.
The town of Milford is a place in time, perhaps the 1950s.
Great bakery, vibrant art and antiques stores.
The town easily earns a four plus rating.
It's a great stop on the way east to Boston, or west to Chicago.
We spent an overnight there, and next time I'll extend by a day, if possible.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed for a quiet romantic weekend the beginning of March and really enjoyed the hotel, the service and the restaurants. The rooms are small given the age of the building but comfortable and elegantly equipped and the bathrooms luxurious. The included continental breakfast is wonderful - do not skip the home made yogurt and granola!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
State college
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here recently for a pre Valentine day stay and the staff and restaurant were both wonderful. Ate at Bar Louis and my Gold Rush cocktail was very good. Nice to go somewhere that seems interested in inventive cocktails!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy P
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I came for a relaxing weekend away from NYC. Our intention was to hole up in the hotel and take advantage of its amenities.The check in was easy and the guest services woman was very helpful. She greeted us with a glass of white wine and gave us a quick tour of the hotel. The room (number 10) was a decent size, very minimally decorated, but clean and elegant. The bathroom was huge with heated towel rack and a large claw-footed tub---the best part of our stay. We took four baths in the 1.5 days we were there. Kiehl's products and bath salts were a great addition, as were the milk and cookies before bedtime. I was disappointed that the bed was only a queen size. We slept relatively well, although the shades allowed light in in the morning and I'm accustomed to hotels offering the option to black-out the room. We had the included continental breakfast, which was quite nice. Although I found it all so sweet...too many sugary items. My husband thought the regular coffee was bad. I had decaf, which was better, but not terribly hot. And we had to ask for the orange juice---it was not brought to us although it is part of the breakfast. (this happened both mornings, so I wonder if the servers are supposed to wait for the request. Silly.) The server then only brought one for my husband. Service was sloppy the first morning and overly casual. The second morning was much sharper, although still no OJ ;) This time we ordered off the menu. My husband had a delicious breakfast sandwich and I had the tasty ricotta pancakes. I also ordered a side of fruit, which came beautifully presented, but the grapes were covered in dirt, so I sent them back and they were quickly returned washed. But how can such oversight happen in such a "fine" establishment? We tried to get into the Delmonico Room for dinner on our second night, but it was apparently booked (although it didn't appear to be when we peaked in). Maybe they have ordered just the right amount of food, so they can't take last-minute reservations? We ended up in Bar Louis for dinner. The atmosphere is so cold down here and there's barely a bar. They could really improve this space and it would make a huge difference in the feeling of the entire hotel, I think. It's not cozy, not fun, not elegant...kind of characterless. The food was quite good, but portions were huge. And again, the service was meh. Our server seemed apathetic and physically uncomfortable...cold maybe? She came to the table with her arms crossed and whenever she asked how things were, she walked away while we were in the middle of answering. Maybe a bad day? She seemed like a nice person, but just not interested. The last complaint was that the thermostat in our room wasn't cooperating with us. We woke in the middle of the night with the thermostat at 61 degrees and it didn't move from there all day. We heard two other groups talking about the same issue in the breakfast room. We let management know at check out and they explained that the thermostat has to be manipulated in a certain way. Who knows. Anyway, I want to love this hotel because it has such a fun history and the more senior hotel staff were really lovely and professional, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed with the overall experience. One highlight was a massage at Badea Spa a couple doors down---the therapists there were excellent!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Island_Hopper_NY
London, England
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I booked a deluxe room for a one night "get away".

We drove up to Milford from New Jersey and it was an easy and beautiful trip even in the snow.

All the staff were friendly and welcoming!!!

The hotel is charming and historic with beautiful antiques throughout. There are also modern touches that make your stay luxurious. The shower and bathroom in our room were spa-like and serene. The room was comfortable, clean and stylish.

We had dinner at Bar Louis and everything was excellent: service food and drinks.

Five stars all around, we will not hesitate to come back!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 11. It was on the top floor and overlooked the back garden. Peaceful and lux!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EnglandMonkeys!
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our second stay at the Hotel Fauchere, and I highly recommend it. We live in New Jersey about an hour and a half away from Milford, PA, which is a very pleasant little town in the quiet northeastern Poconos, perfect for a weekend or even overnight getaway. We first went in summer but this time visited in the heart of winter as a result of a special offer for returning guests. The Fauchere is located on the main street of the town, with plenty of parking in the back. The staff is very nice and the rooms are lovely, with little extras like bedtime turn-downs and Kiehl's toiletries in the beautiful marble bathrooms. It's all very classy and peaceful. But the killer feature here is the unique complimentary continental breakfast. This consists of amazing homemade yogurt with homemade granola, broiled honey-glazed grapefruit, and choice of a truly exceptional muffin or scone that is made fresh each morning at their patisserie next door - all served in a beautiful setting. This is nothing like the breakfast my wife and I would normally eat, either at home or at a hotel, but it's very special and not to be missed. (The hot breakfast items on the menu also look good, but we'll probably never know for sure because the continental breakfast is so wonderful.) Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJChisoxFan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel! It was wonderful!! It was a cold Christmas night we spent here. The little fountain in the back had frozen solid, snow drifted quietly. It could not have been more picturesque or cozy. The beds are super comfortable and I loved the Aveda products for the shower which was a huge double shower. We had heated floors and everything was clean and all finishings top of the line.
The breakfast was AMAZING!!! The homemade vanilla yogurt is a do not miss as well as the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, just wow. My only regret is not having enough time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shonna R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,557 reviews

Been to Hotel Fauchere? Share your experiences!