“brunch at the INN ,AMBIANCE 10,FOOD 5”
Review of Hotel Fauchere

Hotel Fauchere
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Looking for a pleasant new place for brunch,Hotel Fauchere came highly recommended,
Though an hour's plus drive ,on arrival ,we were very pleased with the choice.Ambiance suburb. The grounds impeccable,the hotel restored and tastefully modernized , Bar Louis
[downstairs] very cool New York/Philadelphia feel, The house wines ,Pino Grigio and Merlot, undistinguished,the Pino rather sweet, unfortunately they have taken "breathing space" in the glass to new heights or would that be lows at $8.00 per.
The Brunch....... the Mimosa a curious orangy color and sweet,a Bloody Mary served in the narrowest ,shortest collins glass I've ever seen,aScrewdriver quite good ,though given a rather pretentious name.Speaking of which Eggs Benedict with "special Smoked
Pork Loin Filet"[Canadian Bacon] featuring sparrow eggs, the Bene's arrived fully five minutes before the Girls breakfasts ,The traditional "can I get these dishes out of your way"was rejected , my ladies Quiche was served fresh from the refrigerator,that is,still cold .the request for plain champagne brought a horrible Asti .because a glass of "real "champagne would be $17 a glass and not even, say a Veuve Cliequot .
At the recommenders request we will try lunch at Bar Louis. The brunch cost $140.00 for four. But the guitar player eased the pain along with the ambiance,

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 April 2009

We had lunch in the Bar Louis and were disappointed with the service. The Hotel did not have enough staff on to cover the lunch service. The food was excellent but service was slow or non-existant. We received our food and no one ever came back to see how it was. We had to wait over 15 minutes after asking to get our check, it took putting our coats on to get attention. We were disappointed because it is a Relais & Chateaux hotel and we have found that other places we've dined at were excellent in all aspects.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lar956
Reviewed 22 January 2009

What a wonderful, memorable, special place! The hotel and Milford are both two new favorite places of mine! My best friend and I made plans to have some alone time and spent 1 evening at the hotel. Super easy trip from NYC (Short Line bus - 2 hours from Port Authority to the hotel - $50rt). Milford is a haven - gay friendly, full of artists, beautiful scenery. The Hotel is a place you have to see - I can't do it justice here. Every detail is perfected and the restoration and preservation of its history does not go unnoticed. Seriously the only "complaint" I have is that we had a bit of a leaky shower, but we were warned about this ahead of time. The staff at the hotel - FABULOUS. The Delmonico Room dinner we had - one of the best meals I have had in a very long time. Bar Louis for drinks was also lovely. Sunday morning at the Patisserie Fauchere - AWESOME. Just all in all a super experience and I have no hesitation recommending this hotel or this getaway to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2008

I stayed two nights at the Hotel Fauchere at the end of September '08 - note, there is a two night minimum booking. Overall, it was very nice. The hotel has been recently renovated, so the room was clean and bright. The hallways are decorated with 19th century landscape. If you are planning to go canoeing via Kittany canoes, this is a luxurious place to come back to.

+'s: Continental breakfast with croissants from the Fauchere bakery next door (best croissants I have ever had); quiet rooms; helpful front desk staff; hotel parking in back of the hotel is convenient; rooms come with complimentary bottle of mineral water and a bottle of red wine
-'s: Food at their restaurant, Delmonico Room, does not live up to the hype or the prices (NYC levels, $50 for a steak) - food was ok, but not fantastic. We ate there both Friday and Saturday nights - no changes on the menu, no daily specials, so was a bit limited/boring. Desserts are not well done at all. Bathroom we had (we had room 16, 3rd floor, corner room) was a bit treacherous in that the floor was VERY slippery when it got wet, and to get in/out of the tub was very tricky (not recommended for those in fear of breaking a hip).

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aleemans
Reviewed 23 September 2008

We just returned from a lovely one night stay at the Hotel Fauchere. When we first arrived we were a little concerned about the size of the town and the hotel. But we spent about an hour rocking on the front porch and that all changed. It was so serene and peaceful--very relaxing. We ordered drinks to have on the porch, and had dinner at Bar Louis. I had a Grilled Cheese sandwich for dinner which was the most decadent I have ever had. The truffle fries were equally amazing. The room was very comfortable. The heated floors and towel bars are nice. The bed linens were SOOO soft. The decor is very understated, but very nice. It was so quiet--I did not hear another guest on our floor. Breakfast the next morning was equally delicious--homemade croissants, granola and french pressed coffee. I think they just put butter in everything there--YUM.
While I think the nightly rate is a bit high for the Poconos, you do get a 5-star treatment.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRZGRL862
Reviewed 24 August 2008

After staying at the Fauchere last week, I can now say I have not one, but two, two favorite hotels: The Chateau Marmont and The Fauchere. The Fauchere merges--without a drop of pretension or attitude--the feel, look, and touch of a classic inn (you could imagine Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt having martinis on the front porch in the 1930s) with a sleek modern touch that would wow even the most hardcore urbanites (Bar Louis in particular, with its plush booths, fun cocktails, and unforgettable photo of John Lennon and Andy Warhol made me wish there was something similar in lower Manhattan). Foodies will be in paradise here. The restaurant was recognized by the James Beard Foundation and food simpletons like me can indulge in decadently delicious macaroni and cheese and cheeseburgers. Oh, and the rooms have complimentary wine, chocolate, and Kiehls products, and a flatscreen TV, though I had no need to watch TV with so much to do and see, drink and eat. The beauty here is such that singles like me will want to hurry up and fall in love, and come back for a weekend of romantic bliss.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank GarthNewYork_NewYork
Reviewed 4 August 2008

My wife and I had a WONDERFUL 1 night stay at this beautiful property. We drove to Milford PA on an early Friday evening. The town was a buzz with people walking around checking out the small galleries and shops. We parked behind the hotel and walked in the back entrance. The back sun room is lovely and was beautifuly decorated. We were met by a professional young woman who checked us in and took us for a tour of the hotel. We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor w a balcony overlooking the backyard. It was like something out of a magazine! The room was top notch w fine linens and a heated bathroom floor, very cool!
We headed down to Bar Louis in the basement. We both had delicious appetizers and possibly the best burger EVER. The next morning we ate breakfast on the front porch, very romantic. We cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank psu86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Hotel Fauchere? Share your experiences!