“Ok sandwiches”

Add it.
Ray & Charles
Ranked #23 of 41 Restaurants in Milford
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Sandwiches can be wonderful if prepared by the right person. Everything in the store is grossly overpriced, and employees seem miserable.

1  Thank J E

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This place is usually busy because they have absolutely no competition in the area. That doesn't mean that the food is bad, because it isn't.

Ray and Charles offers decent, rib-sticking, middle-of-the-road food with an emphasis on things like fried chicken, which is pretty good. If you are looking for fine dining, this is not your place. If you are hungry and in a hurry, this is the place for you. Everything is available for takeout, and it appears to me that the takeout portion of their business is pretty large. This is probably because they are situated in the middle of several second-home communities.

Everything here rates an "average".

2  Thank PokeYerNose
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have been here several times. The food is average and is nothing special. The one thing that it has going for it is that there is nothing around it. The deli is located on route 739 midway between the NJ state line and I-84. If you live in the area and want something quickly, this is for you.

3  Thank bwco
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I had gone to Ray and Charles a few years ago, It was about $5 for a HUGE!!! wrap. Included a lot of chicken, lettuce, etc. So when my family and I wanted to go out for food, we chose there. The same wrap I got is now 1/4 the size, almost $7, and now there is only 2 slices of chicken in it and an entire head of lettuce. I would have ordered a salad if I had wanted that much lettuce... I'd prefer a little more chicken and less lettuce? Makes up for the difference in cost if there is less lettuce and an extra slice of chicken? My husband got the chicken basket - Cold fries that were chewy in the middle and chicken that had so much gristle that he had to keep pulling it out of his mouth. The chicken used to be a decent size, breast meat, and cooked well.. This time it was somewhat under cooked and the size of the chicken was barely any bigger than what is served at a local fast-food restaurant. Had each meal been about 1/2 of the price it would have been much better... The only decent thing that we got that night was the Sausage and Peppers sub... But the sausage too had a ton of fat in it.... Again, had the price been about $3 - $5 we would have been much more pleased.

3  Thank starsshimmer