Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar
Priceline
US$132
US$119
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Lock Haven(Lock Haven)(Great Value!)
US$124
Econo Lodge Motel(Bellefonte)
US$86
US$75
EconoLodge
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$255
Orbitz.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport(Williamsport)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$171
Hotels.com
US$149
US$146
All reviewspenn statelock havenoff the highwayfootball weekendnew jerseycookiescomplimentary breakfastpool and hot tubroom was cleantwo queen bedsfresh fruitvery nice hotelcomfortable staynice pooloatmealnice breakfastwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2011

When we couldn't find a hotel in Williamsport, we booked this one in Lamar. The location is pretty remote, except that it's right off route 80. Despite its proximity to the highway, the hotel is situated so nicely that you can't hear highway or truck noises. The farmland and mountains surrounding the hotel are serene and beautiful. Our room was huge--I could have stayed a long time! It was probably bigger that it needed to be--but it was nice not to feel closed in as I worked at my computer at the large workspace. (I work from our room while my husband works at a nearby plant.) This would be a great place to stay if we need to come here for a longer time. We had a clean kitchen area with counter top, sink, microwave, coffeemaker and fridge. There were 2 queen beds, a nice workspace, comfy chair and not quite so comfy couch. We also like to use the pool when we stay at a hotel. This one was a little chilly, but once I started swimming it was OK. It was big enough to actually swim a little. There's a hot tub and a "patio" which is really mostly parking lot, but not too many cars go back there, so I guess that's ok. You'd have to drag your own chair outside, as there aren't any chairs out there. There were quite a few kids here in the evening--the hotel was pretty full-- so I only used the pool during the day. I don't mind kids, and I don't feel like I'm entitled to a private pool--so that was fine. It seems like a pretty good place for families. Also, the lobby is nice and breakfast was not bad. The fruit was fresh, which is not the case at most Hamptons. I would definitely come back here! And if the weather is nice next time, I'll spend a little time at Bald Eagle State Park, which is about 20 min away and has a nice lake. Also, the Woolrich Company store is about 15 min away--a great place to go, but if you go often, sign up for the email list so you can get coupons. The prices are pretty high.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Sales_Marketing17751, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

I am glad you enjoyed our location, the surroundings are beautiful here and we hope to have you back again soon, it is so pretty in the fall as well. Thank You

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We always stay at the Hampton Inn in Lamar when visiting Lock Haven because it's consistantly good - friendly - clean - comfortable beds - nice breakfast. Work out facility is nice but had to ask them to turn on the air. Of course the internet was free and I don't know if it was because we are hilton honors or if free to all.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sales_Marketing17751, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Thank You so much for the kind comments. I am happy to hear we could help with the air in the fitness room. Guest satsifaction is very important to us and hope to see you again soon.

Heather Muthler
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Cleanliness is king and it's a good motel that is clean. The room we stayed in was well executed with updated furnishings and bedding (do be careful though since the mattress top moves easily away from the base and the base edges protrude out which can be a tripping hazard).The continental breakfast, the table area, and especially the employee who made sure everything was properly set up and maintained, were definitely better than is found at most other motels and a pleasure to have experienced!

In the two rooms we rented, they did not have a refrigerator, nor was the sink area separated from the bathroom which is apparently the case with some of the rooms in this motel, therefore, if these are important features be sure to ask about them before booking the room. The front desk employees could have expressed some enthusiasm but promptly provided all the necessary services. A major drawback for us was that the indoor pool was extremely cold rendering it fairly useless for young children to use comfortably (we arrived too late to ask management if they could increase the heat in the pool). The Internet connection was not secure, per a message that popped up and was confirmed with the front desk.

It just seems to me that all the motels we've stayed in for the past several years are all priced beyond their value when all they are providing is a standard room with no exceptional amenities. The price for this motel was right in line with the higher price charged at most motels these days, which is too high in my opinion, but the cleanliness and better continental breakfast and its presentation helped to offset a little the higher room pricing.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Lamar, PA is literaly in the middle of nowhere. We stayed there as it is about half way between Philadelphia and Erie where we were headed for our son's graduation. It is right off of I-80. DO NOT use the hotel's published address in your GPS as it won't take you there.

The rooms were clean and bright. The front desk staff were pleasant enough. We weren't there long at all. Checked in around 9PM and out by 7 the next morning. We didn't used any of the facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Stayed here one year ago with no problems. Made sure to come back next time in area. Would have had wonderful experience again if not assaulted by bedbugs.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business