“Great Stopping point on I-80”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed overnight 10/14-10/15/2013 while making the drive to the East Coast. Used the hotel guide from one of the Ohio travel plazas and was able to use the coupon. Quick and easy check in. Room 315 was a very nice double bed room with refrigerator. They have a nice complimentary breakfast in a the am with make your own waffles. Staff friendly and hotel felt safe for female travelers.
There is only a few options for supper and lunch but there is a mom and pop restaurant
Country Cottage at the bottom of the drive. Food was homemade and good value for the money. there is also McDonalds and a gas station near the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our property. It is always great knowing our guests enjoyed their experience while staying with us. If you are ever in the area again it would be our pleasure to have you as a returning guest. Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Girlfriend and I stayed here while I took part in the Megatransect ultramarathon in nearby Lock Haven. It was pretty convenient: right off I-80 and less than 15min from the start/finish line. But the best reasons to stay here are the breakfast (which was available early enough to fuel up Mega participants) and the pool with hot tub (so everyone could relax and recover after 27-ish miles of boulders and mud). Other guests told me the hot tub wasn't working the night we arrived, but was thankfully fixed when I got back later Saturday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The spa was definitely an added plus, but I am sure it was well enjoyed after the day you had. We look forward to any future visits with you. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overall this was well worth the stop. We were quite pleased with everything. We had been on the road quite awhile an we glad to see the Hampton Inn sign on the highway. Have stayed at Hampton Inns before and will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hampton Inn. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I am glad we met your expectations. Thank you again!

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. This hotel is very clean and I would definitely stay here again. The bathrooms are very clean, the staff is very nice and the breakfast is nice. I travel often and this Hampton Inn property is one of the better ones that I have stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2013

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Hampton Inn. We strive for excellent guest satisfaction and I am pleased to hear we could reach this with you. If you are ever in this area again it would be our pleasure to have you return. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was driving from Rhode Island to Chicago and stopped here for the night. The hotel was just what my daughter and I needed. We did not arrive until 1:30 AM, but we called in the evening and they said they would have someone that could check us in whenever we arrived. The hotel gave us a nice, clean, and quiet room with excellent beds, and we both got a good night's rest. The staff, as well as the other people we met that were staying at the hotel, were very friendly. The hotel had a great breakfast buffet complete that allowed us to make our own Bavarian waffles, and they gave us a breakfast-to-go bag with fruit, water, muffins, etc. Then we got back on the road refreshed and ready to continue our trip. Thanks Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about both our staff and also our guests. It is always great to have guests completely satisfied when leaving us. Our goal was met. We look forward to any future visits if you ever return to our area. Thank you again!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Needed them to properly ship a Fed Ex Large Pak that was time sensitive. They let the package sit there for 3 days, and did not apologize to me about the mixup. They atated they did not want to get involved with Fed Ex, and did not want to pay of the pickup which was nonsense since my company was picking up the bill. I did not get any sort of acknowledment by the staff or management that they erred.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with Hampton. This is definitely not something typical from this property. We are trained with guest satisfaction being our top priority. Any issues will definitely be corrected so this does not happen again. Once again, I am truly sorry and hopefully any visits in the future will allow us to show you our true Hamptonality.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were in for a wedding. The staff was very nice and very helpful with directions for places to go and things for us to see and do during the down time of our stay. It was conveniently located to the major roads and easy to get to everything. Facility was definitely a place that I would return to in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

It is always great to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you for those kind words. Our staff is trained with guest satisfaction as their top priority. I am so glad we were able to reach this with you. We look forward to your next visit if you are ever in this area. Thank You again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mill Hall
0 mi away
#2 of 2 in Mill Hall
Best Western Lock Haven
Best Western Lock Haven
#1 of 2 in Lock Haven
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar? Share your experiences!