“Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times, but I was upset with the reservation process. I asked for a room with two queen beds when I booked almost 10 months before the actual stay. When I went on line to check the arrangements a few weeks before the trip, they had changed my reservation to one king, non handicapped. I was very frustrated. When I checked in they checked our drivers' license - this had never happened. When we got to the room, I found that we had two queen beds - but they had never called. We changed our travel knowing that we were not having two beds - very frustrating. Hampton also raised the rates over past years, taking advantage of travelers going to Penn State football games.

Room Tip: Check frequently to make sure your requested room has not changed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hampton Inn. I am so sorry this stay was not what it should have been and what you expected. It is not our policy to change the reservation without a guest request unless it is an upgrade. I understand how this could be extremely frustrating. For the future, feel free to contact us is this should ever happen again. We do however ask to see identification. That is to guarantee us that you are who made the reservation and that all of your information is correct in our system ( names spelled correctly, address, etc.). I hope any future visits show improvement. again, I am sorry this time was different. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent! Staff very friendly; everyone, including maintenance, housekeeping, and front desk,said hello to us every time we encountered them. Very clean. Will definately stay there again if we're in that area

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

It is always wonderful to hear such kind words about our property and our staff. They are trained with our guests satisfaction as their highest priority. I am so glad you were able to feel our Hamptonality! We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stay here often during football season and always have a pleasant stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and always clean. We prefer Hampton Hotels in general and Lamar is no exception. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel and our staff. It is always a warm welcome to our guests and we enjoy seeing the familiar faces returning as well. We look forward to each and every visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Everything was excellent, but I did have to pay double the nightly rate because the Hotel was near Penn State & it was a "Football weekend". On the return trip ( a day later) the nightly rate was back to the normal weekend rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Good afternoon. I am extremely sorry that you caught us during an event weekend. Unfortunately, our rates do change with the local events happening and football season seems to be whats going on recently. Feel free to call us for a list of dates for upcoming events so this may help plan in the future. We do look forward to seeing you again! Thank you.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We arrived around 9:30 p.m. after an a 10-hour trip. Check-in was efficient and I was able to switch to a king bed at no extra cost. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, as was the entire hotel. Andrew, who checked us in, went to considerable effort to find us a corkscrew after discovering the one usually kept at the front desk had not been returned by a previous guest. The complimentary breakfast was excellent; in addition to the usual cold items, the omelettes were fresh and hot, and the sausages were tasty and not greasy. The breakfast buffet is a step above the usual complimentary breakfasts that so many of the extended-stay hotels offer. Also, two staff members were manning the breakfast station to ensure that food was replenished quickly and the tables were clean. The breakfast items were cleared precisely at 10:00 a.m. Of particular note about this hotel is the friendliness of all the staff and the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel. The location of the hotel met our needs, right off the highway with a gas station and McDonalds across the street. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful to be treated exceptionally well, but it is even better after a 10 hour trip, WOW! I really appreciate your compliments on our property and on our staff, including Andrew who is definitely a huge asset to our company. We hope you get the chance to have this experience with us again.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My 2 friends and I spent a night here on my way home during a 600 mile trip, we had a late departure and were exhausted when we arrived. I slept very well and was the first to wake up, got dressed had hot coffee and the news paper to read. When I checked on my friends they were asleep, gave me a chance to use the business center and catch up on my e-mails. Checked on my roomies who were now dressed and ready for breakfast, they loved their stay so much they went back to the same place on their return home and got to enjoy it twice. I will be staying there again no doubts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Good afternoon, It is so great to hear everyone enjoyed their stay, not once but twice! It is always a pleasure to hear our guests were exceptionally pleased and plan on returning. I am so glad you were able to access your email using our business center as well. We look forward seeing you in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at the Hampton for business. I was there for 1 week. If I am close to this location again, this is where I'll stay. The suite room is very large. Close to major roads, there's a Subway, McDonalds and Denny's right by the hotel Breakfast was great too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Mmgt_Team, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you so much for your compliments about our property. It is always great to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. If you are ever traveling in this area again it would be our pleasure to have you back. Have a great day and thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mill Hall
#1 of 2 in Lock Haven
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, State College (Penn State Area), PA
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
SpringHill Suites by Marriott State College

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar? Share your experiences!