“Affordable, great family vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Hyndman, Pennsylvania
“Affordable, great family vacation”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

After staying at several other campgrounds in the past, we decided to try Jellystone at Mill Run, PA last year. We were so impressed that we returned this year. The campground is beautiful and the restrooms are super clean. My kids aren't really into the Yogi Bear theme, but they loved the park. They always had something to do and most activites were included in the camping price, unlike other campgrounds. On previous reviews, people complained about $60 per night for full hook up. Truth be told, a hotel room costs in excess of $100 per night and doesn't have two pools, a water park, mini golfing, water slides, kids rides and crafts etc. included. It is a wonderful value. The staff were very polite and bent over backwards to accomodate us. We will continue to enjoy Jellystone at Mill Run for many years to come.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LudwigvonBadcat

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 September 2010

September is a great time to visit this campground, we stayed in one of the cabins, it was great, electric fireplace, very pleased with the cleanliness, kids had their own room, with bunk beds. Pool area very nice, with lots of activities...the bears were going off into the woods for their hibernation. So cute for little ones to see. Best of all is just sitting around the campfire and relaxing with friends. My kids cant wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank zim459
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This was absolutely terrible. I didn't care about it being expensive and quite cheesy, my sister and her husband found the place and asked us to come. When I booked I asked many times if the tent sites were secluded and flat. I was told they were. My husband,5 year old, and myself camp a lot....in the woods at state parks in Oregon. I went in kind of expecting your typical r.v. park, where they are stacked on top of each other. Our tent site that was supposed to be "primitive and flat" was on a hill and almost touching the tent next to us! It was so bad at night we all woke up many times and had to slide up. Our dogs kennel slid down so far it tore a hole in our tent. The entire place is on a hill. HORRIBLE!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank nellieconnor
woodstock,il
Reviewed 15 August 2010

My 2 teen-age boys and I drove from Illinois to meet up with my daughter and her family from Virginia. We had so much fun at the pools and the water slides and the guys went paint balling. My grandchildren ages 5,7,8 enjoyed everything about the park. We stayed in 2 tents and came on Halloween week-end. Even our dogs dressed for the parade. We also went to Ohiopyle,Pa for river rafting, natural water slides and swimming under the old train bridge. The food at the campground was very good...2 meals eaten at the restaurant. All the employees were friendly and I loved the mountains and the views from the snowless tubing. We want to go back next year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank tentmomma
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2010

A few things...
When we first checked in, I was excited! The girl at the entrance was very nice and so was the guy on the golf cart that escorted us to the tent site. I wish I got his name he was great. But it went down hill after we got to our site...

1) The cabin sites and tents are sooo CLUSTERED!!!! If you get one bad neighbor, forget sleeping, you are screwed. That is what happened to my husband and I. What happened to 11pm quiet time? I woke up so many times in the middle of the night from stupid drunks howling in the night and being irate. Also... Tent site portajohn... PLEASE UPDATE IT!!! Oh GOD! It shakes like its going to fall over and its just disgusting! The nearest bathroom is by the pool and that's a hike! You will also be lucky to find a stall with TP.

2) The roads are too narrow to navigate on so there is always car traffic. Also, I know its safety, but one of the staff members SCREAMED at my husband who was driving at the entrance by some rock piles going 10 mph, yes 10. Also he called him 'son'. I don't care if we are a young couple or not. You do not call someone 'son', very unprofessional.

3) The waterslides aren't the best. They are fun when you are actually sliding. I stopped to a dead stop on both and started to panic because I couldn't get going again. My husband also got stuck at the bottom of one, tried to shimmy himself to a start with the mat, and after so many failed attempts he decided to stand up and walk off the slide. The kid running the slide freaked out on my husband stating that he can't stand on the slide and that he should have kept trying to shimmy to get moving again. My husband tod the kid that he was 'really trying and couldn't move' and the kid told him to 'try harder next time'. Not to mention the slide water is ICE COLD!!! I don't care how hot it is out, that water was uncomfortable.
Also.. The pool... has WAYYYY TOO MUCH CHLORINE! You can't open your eyes under there! You can taste it being in the pool. It made my hair like straw

4) The Kountry Kitchen has OUTRAGEOUS PRICES! Our first night my husband and I got a chef salad and steak salad to go and it was $14 plus tax. Which was ok in my mind because I was expecting a big salad. WRONG! It was the size of side salad at most restraunts.

5) The gift shop.... what can I say about the gift shop...
(I)They are such jerks in the gift shop. My husband and I were in line for 15 minutes to buy one thing. There were only two people in front of us and they were purchasing a keychain each! What took so long might you ask? The cashier was too busy B.S.ing with the people in front of us because they were friends. She finished ringing them up and still had them standing there to talk. Obviously there was no hospitality.
(II) Something that really ticked me off today when we checked out and left... My husband and I got 20 minutes away, and realized he lost a set of keys to his $8500 SnapOn Toolbox for work. If we didn't find these keys, he would have had to put holes in his box to open it. So first stop was back to the site... We went to our tent sight, didn't find them so we went to the gift shop/ranger station. The line was OUT THE DOOR busy. I walked up to a teenage staff member girl that was doing NOTHING and asked her if they had a set of keys turned in and she was so blank looking and said 'ohh... uhhh... uhh... I don't know, I would get in line and ask the cashiers when you get there' and then started to walk away.. I said 'Oh no! My husband and I are checked out and leaving and we need to go, we need these keys to leave and she said 'Go on the side of the counter and ask them then..' I did.... I know they were busy, but the lady just quickly said 'anyone find keys?! Waited for a response... looked at me and said No.' GEE THANKS FOR THE HELP!! Where is the service?!

In a nutshell... It has crappy customer service and lacks professionalism (besides the bigger guy with glasses and grey hair that escorts you to the site.), it's a rip off, the slides and pool aren't as great as advertised, it's too crowded with foot and car traffic, and whoever mapped out the roads is stupid, you will get lost going almost anywhere.

Plus side... The camp itself is a cute idea and the land is a good location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AMWord
Elizabeth, PA
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My son had been wanting to go camping for a long time. I am not a camper at all. But I decided to try Yogi Bears since it was only an hour away from home and they had tons of kid stuff to do.
We had so much fun. There is really not much I can complain about. The campground is built on a hill. But really, they can't do much about that. If you have trouble walking up and down hills, get a golf cart or just ride in your own car. The bathrooms were really clean. Our site was right across from the bathrooms, I don't know how many times a day I saw them cleaning. It always smelled like cleaner in the bathrooms. The showers do cost .25 for about 5 or 10 minutes. I used .50 and that was plenty of time.
We can't wait to go back. Water slides are now included with the price. That is where the kids spent most of their time.
We found a great place to go for a summer get away and I found I sort of enjoy camping.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jacobeeniesmom
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Granted, they are now including the water slides & miniature golf in the price of your stay, but $60+ a night for full hookups, or $50 a night for a primitive TENT site?? It still doesn't add up as reasonable/affordable for average camping family!
We have always adored this campground & have been going there for several years. We have 2 young girls (ages 5 & 8 yrs old), and it is absolute kiddo *heaven* for them! Crafts, activities, new friends, catching frogs & newts & bluegill in the pond, dances, outdoor movies, swimming, firetruck rides, etc... they (& we) LOVE it. But that having been said, the recent price increases(from about $48/night to about $63/night for us) seem excessive - a number of the other campers that have also been going there for years were voicing similar dissapoinment as well. We will continue to go there, but it will only be once or *maybe* twice a season, and for fewer days at a time, as opposed to 3 or 4 times per season, as we used to do.
For those of you with younger children I still recommend it as a "treat" for a couple days if you can afford it (mid-week is a bit cheaper), and for those who will use the water slide every day, rain or shine, for many hours at a time, it *may* be worth the price increases. (?)
The main staff is wonderful & personable, some of the "teen" staff seem a bit uninterested/bored, but we met a couple teens (working the arcade & the bottom of water slides) that were absolutely awesome (friendly & motivated) with us & the kids.
They have also changed the restaurant over to the formerly nearby "Pizza Barn" menu; much more extensive. Ordered pizza there, was okay but definitely should have been cooked a bit longer!! Very convenient if you don't feel like another night of campfire cooking, though.
All in all, we still like it but feel more than a little "miffed" (almost betrayed) at the price jump... we will be trying Jellystone in Ohio (similar or MORE amenities, but less $$!) for the remainder of this season, instead.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!