“Drive up the road and skip JellyStone Mill Run”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I will tell you that I travel around the U.S. and have stayed at some pretty good resorts and some not so good. I would place this resort in the not what is advertised category. I stayed at the resort because it was closest to the Falling Water Frank Lloyd Wright House in PA. I paid for full hook up at 50 amp service. What I received was very poor service. I had to wait 10-15 minutes in very off season (end of October) to check-in. I was told my site was 50 amp service and Wi-Fi, but I only received 30 amp and no Wi-Fi, but was still charged full price. Due to the weather temperatures I needed heat. The campground fuse box tripped 7 times overnight causing me to get out of bed throughout the evening and night to reset the breaker. Note, I was only using the fireplace and a TV (not using any heavy electricity). When I reported my experience in the morning I wasn't offered any discount or real sincere interest by the camp ground owner, however, the campground manager seemed to care. If you have a large trailer, it is not easy to navigate safely in the camp ground, save your camper and drive down the road if possible.

Room Tip: Stay in the camp ground up on the hill, don't go down into the wooded section.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank 3Coopers

Reviewed 5 November 2011

My wife and I made a reservation here on our trip to visit Fallingwater (which is amazing, by the way). We arrived to find the entrance road completely a construction mess and the person working on it very terse and short with directions as to how to check in. We got to the office and they assigned us a space. Even though there were DOZENS of open spots this time of year (Nov 3), they stuck us in a row of spots occupied by what looked to be long-term campers. The spot was far from level, and FILLED with fallen leaves that had been blown into a pile in the middle of the parking space by the staff--and then not collected. I had to "foot rake" the entire length to back into it so as not to ignite the hillside with a hot exhaust. The WiFi that was supposed to be part of the package wasn't working--and hadn't been for some time, according to the girl at check in. The water was shut off or not functioning, and there were loud trucks coming and going at all hours throughout the night to the sites all around us. All in all, an awful stay in a place that was conveniently located ... but little else. If you have kids, it might be worth the money ... but for us, not so much.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We just returned from our 5th trip to this campground in the past 2 years.....this being the first where we had to stay in a cabin due to the weather.

Let's face it.....I go here for my kids, and they are always in Heaven during the trip. So much for them to do....the water slides, Billy Goat Trail, crafts, the pool, the fire engine rides, and on and on.

I like the place because it's very old fashioned......and with some thing old fashioned come some blemishes...which to me is all part of the charm. Tent camping is fun, as long as there are no hillbillies around you. I wish the employees would do a better job of scouting about after "quiet time" and making sure everybody follows this rule. Most do. I always felt the park was a good bargain for the money spent...taking into consideration the daily activities and the memories the kids will have

This past weekends trip to a cabin changed some of the value aspects. A 2 BR cabin for 3 couples and kids ran over $220 for one night.....I could get a suite at a nice hotel for that price (in off season, as this was). But, we were booked to tentcamp and the rain meant a cancellation and loss of money, so the upgrade to the cabin was the only way to salvage the trip

We plan on returning many times in the future

Room Tip: The website offers pics of each camp site. For tent camping, in the summer, we prefer the upper par...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed in a cabin at this park and loved it. We went with 2 kids under the age of 5 and there was so much to do. The resturant also had excellent food and an awesome breakfast buffet. Loved the new water area.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Don't stay here. Family made internet reservations and called after not receiving later confirmation and was told the cabin was reserved. They do not handle their internet reservations immediately and also take reservations over the phone.. basically double occupying. The staff was non cooperative. They would not work with making things right at all. Now they appear to be ignoring phone calls and emails from our group. Very unprofessional and poor customer service. They could have had a double cabin reserved and 2 RV's with full hook ups. They will wish they had been more professional.

Room Tip: Call for reservations, you may not get a room if you use the internet reservations
5  Thank beaversj1
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have 2 children and they were never bored. So much to do, and so many activities. Bears are always visiting the kids.Firetruck rides, wagon rides, train rides, and a picnic basket ride. WOW!! Pool areas are great too. I rented an RV from them and it was a great choice. There cabins are really nice too. I have been to other yogi campgrounds and this is by far the best one for the kids. I hope they always keep up the wonderful experience for the kids. This is the third time we have went to Mill run. Thanks for making our vacation awesome.

1  Thank cjhamilt
Reviewed 11 July 2011

After staying at several other campgrounds in the past, we decided to try Jellystone at Mill Run, PA last year. We were so impressed that we returned this year. The campground is beautiful and the restrooms are super clean. My kids aren't really into the Yogi Bear theme, but they loved the park. They always had something to do and most activites were included in the camping price, unlike other campgrounds. On previous reviews, people complained about $60 per night for full hook up. Truth be told, a hotel room costs in excess of $100 per night and doesn't have two pools, a water park, mini golfing, water slides, kids rides and crafts etc. included. It is a wonderful value. The staff were very polite and bent over backwards to accomodate us. We will continue to enjoy Jellystone at Mill Run for many years to come.

4  Thank LudwigvonBadcat

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!