“Our favorite Jellystone!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Our family of four goes to a Jellystone every year and we rent a cabin. We loved this location! Two pools, lots of kids activities, mini golf, rides, etc. we ended up in the top and had to go down the hill to get to the rangers station, we got LOTS of exercise that week! The kids LOVED the water slides, it was a nice treat for the kids and us adults!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We have gone camping here for the past two years and love it. We have two daughters ages 2 and 6. We also had our two teenage nieces and my mother in law along a couple of times.. We had a tent site and they were great. We had numerous different neighbors, some better then others. We heard the staff driving around every night making sure quiet hours were enforced. There were a couple of mornings some people were loud early on, but when I explained to them I had two young children they quieted right down. There was one family who had a bunch of teenagers who decided to turn up their car stereo on full blast during the day, which was ruining the camping mood for some of us. The staff addressed it very quickly despite it being during the day and it was not a problem the rest of the trip. The staff were super nice and friendly. They made you feel special and learned our names by the second day we were there. If we needed anything or had any problems they were right there. the one night we had a really bad storm during candy bar bingo. A lot of the young kids were crying so the staff went and got yogi and boo boo and stories and read stories by flashlights to help the children feel better. My oldest was so excited about the bears she forgot all about the awful storm. The next day the staff cleaned up the campground quickly and checked on everyone to make sure we were okay. AllI and Alex led most of the activities and were great. My kids loved them. The cost is high, but it includes a lot of stuff including train rides, carosal rides, picnic basket ride, mini golf, two pools, cool kids water play area, 4 water slides, hay rides, fire engine rides, and lots of arts and crafts. It would be nice if snow tubing was covered. They have so many fun things to do that we never leave the campground. We have all ready made reservations to come back two times this summer. They even had a lot for the teenagers to do too and it felt safe enough to allow them go to the dances and ghost stories by themselves. The bathrooms by the pool were the ones that we used and they were clean and nice sized. It didn't matter what time we used the showers or how many people had been in them we always had hot water. We ate several times in the restaurant and the food was great and reasonably priced. We had a great time and highly recommend for all ages!!!!

Room Tip: we like being closer to the wetlands then at the bottom of the hill.
2  Thank Becki-Le
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We recently stayed over labor day weekend! Such a good gateaway from life with some family! Our kids loved the pool area...Really nice to have nite swimin in a headed pool! The cabins are really clean and has just enough room to sleep..We were out the whole day, used the grill to eat on and also had fires at nite...We did most of the activities that were free....If you dont like to do alot of walking I would advise a golf cart there are a few hills!! My complaints were the service...They were really slow and most of them were rude!! The food they sevice there was not good at all & it was over priced! So luckily we packed tons of food!! I would just like to say...For as much as me and my family spent...I think ALL the activitives should be free and the food at the restaurant should be better and be a little cheaper!! As well as the golf carts.....

Room Tip: The cabins are really nice choose wisely if you would like your own room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was my first stay at Jellystone Mill Run and while overall we had a fantastic time and we will stay here again, we did have some issues. Check-in was very swift, faster than I expected...at the booth I gave my name, was handed the keys to our RV rental, a security swipe card and a map and told the guy on the golf cart would show us to our site, which he did...and promptly said, "Here's your site," then took off. No type of intro to the camper or anything...we pretty much had to find things on our own.

We had Site 213, which was very spacious and the Dutchman rental RV was beautiful! It had a queen bed, sofa, dinette, a backroom with bunkbeds with a single on top and double on the bottom. It had a full kitchen although the refrigerator was rather small, but not a problem. There was a flat screen TV with cable and a CD stereo system that even had speakers outside where you could enjoy the music. The AC worked fine. We only had three issues with the camper itself....(1) the plastic protective sheets on the queen and bunk beds were essentially ripped to shreds upon arrival and were pretty much useless. I really can't believe they were not replaced prior to our arrival! (2) The so-called mattresses on the bunk beds were nothing more than about a 2 inch foam pad...and was very uncomfortable to sleep on. And, (3) the bathroom is super, super small and unfortunately we could not use the shower/tub because there just simply wasn't any room to maneuver around. So, it was easier for us to make the short walk down to the restroom for showers.

Which brings me to comments regarding their restrooms, while very clean...they were also very small! Only two toilet stalls and one shower. Would hate to have been here on a weekend! And, I was stunned when I opened the private shower door only to find you had to pay for it! This campground isn't exactly cheap to stay at and then they charge you to take a shower, I couldn't believe it! I did question an employee about this and her answer was some showers are free like the ones up by the upper pool area, that was her explanation!

Moving on, the upper pool and water lagoon are awesome...although the water in the lagoon is rather cold. The store is very nice and I must admit very reasonably priced. I forgot to bring milk and was a little apprehensive to purchase it there, but was surprised to pay 30 cents less than I do back home for it! The restaurant was nice...I love the furnishings and decorations throughout. But at first, I had no idea if it was a sit down and they take your order restaurant or not...no one came to sit us down after standing there for about 5 minutes and then I finally asked at the counter and just gave my order since we already knew what we wanted and then went and sat down...this was lunch time and were several others in the restaurant as well as the counter area, yet they only had one person waiting on all. Their pizza is really good and very reasonably priced and their zucchini planks were really good as well!

They do have a great deal of activities to keep one busy...we did play the mini-golf, which was nice. And, the different kind of rides they provide like the fire truck, picnic basket express and train ride are really nice and the snowless tube ride is nice even though you have to pay a buck a ride to use it.

Like i said, even though this park has its issues and is quite expensive, we had so much fun that we do plan to return again next year...but decided to try out a cabin instead.

1  Thank Bernie B
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was our first time at a Jellystone Park. We travel in a 30" camper with a 7 and 9 year old. We stayed in pull through site close to the new store and pool area. The pull through sites are neat b/c they are built like steps. The older part of the campground was neat--had a very old school feel about it with lots of trees and each site (tent and RV sites) seemed unique in its own way. They nickel and dime you to death!! The snowless tubing was fun, but they charge $1 every time you go down. When you are spending $80 a night to camp, they should not charge you for activities (or give each person a certain amount of tokens when you check in)!!!! We went to watch a movie one night, but didn't stay long b/c the sound was pretty messed up making it nearly impossible to hear. Putt Putt wasn't too bad--needs some attention, scorecards, and pencils. Waterslides were fun along with the pirate play area. There was a pretty cool fire truck you can ride too. Maybe Jellystone just isn't my style of camping--I think $80/night is entirely too much for what you get. If you are going to charge the most, then you should be the best. Not the case here. The Ohiopyle area is gorgeous and we would like to come back, but I'll most likely camp elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hokiedawgs
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We recently spent July 30th to August 5th, 2012 at Yogi Bear Park in Mills Run, PA. Our group included six adults and three children (children were all under 6 year of age). My son rented a RV space, and we rented Ranger Smith Park Cabin. The cabin was very clean, the mattresses were nice,and full bathroom with a shower was nice. But the futon was useless as a couch, it would not stay in position. So we had to leave it flat out all week. The microwave's turn table would not move, so we burned a few items. We were told that this cabin would sleep eight. We had four adults and a toddler ,(who needed to sleep in a pack and play). We had a hard time fitting the pack and play into the master bedroom. But we made do. We did not use the loft bed, it was to hard for the adults to get too. Now for the down side of things.
1. We rented a golf kart because of all the hills. This kart was the worst. The front tires were bald. Not a good feeling to be riding around like this.
2. First night we ate in the kitchen,the food was good. But the service time was awful. We had small children and to wait 45 minutes for food at a place that is all about children. You got to be a little faster.
3. We used the laundry mat. Bad experience. The money for the washer got stuck. We called and was told someone would be there to fix the problem. After a 60 minute wait the man that ran the train came to our rescue. We found out that the coins got stuck because the machines had not been empty for 2 weeks, also the same thing happened to some one else early that day. The machine should have been marked "out of order". While we were waiting we did put the clothes into another washer. Then the dryer we used left marks on a shirt and and some towels. I would not use the laundry mat there, to unreliable.
4. Stone Bingo nights. The first time wasn't to bad. But candy night was awful. We were given gravel from the parking lot to use as marker. Also the men's bathroom was blocked by tables. So my 6 year old son had to use the lady's room, which he didn't like at all. The callers were awful, either to slow, to fast, or not loud enough. Since this is one of the few adult activities, you need to have more organization. The plastic makers could have been given out according to the number of cards you purchased. Thus no one gets the dirty gravel.
5. The golf course need repairs,and there was never any pencils to wrote your scores.
6. There was no changing station table at the pools for infants and toddlers.
7. Need more supervision over rough horse play at the pools. My eighteen month old granddaughter got knocked down at the lower pool by kids left unattended that were under the age of 12. We were luckly she wasn't hurt.
8. Family night swim is a nice idea, but you need more lights.
9. Need more instructions for first time visitors. The booklet in the cabin was a big help. But things like the Halloween parade and trick or treat was a little confusing.
Would we ever go again? We are not sure. We would not stay over the week-end (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). The whole atmosphere changed. Very busy and a lot of young people in large groups. It was hard to get around the park.

Room Tip: Choose a Ranger Smith park cabin
2  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Two friends and I took our kids to Mill Run for our third annual trip in July 2012. After tent camping previously, we rented a cabin. The cabin was very small, but workable, but it was dirty and obviously neglected. The mattresses were the worst I have ever slept on and it was very awkward to get up and down the ladder to the top bunk. Realizing this IS a campground and not a hotel, we cleaned the cabin, padded the mattresses and set about our vacation. First of all, the campground itself has always been great for the variety of things to do, however, the people working there do not promote that positive atmosphere. A new restaurant and store had opened at the upper pool and I went there to order a cake since my daughter would be having her birthday while at Jellystone. I ordered a sheet cake, serving 16, for $11.00. The employee taking the order had me write the campsite, cake flavor, etc. on a paper and she stuck it on the register. When I came in to pick up the cake, there were five employees walking around and gossiping. It took 15 minutes to get them to give me any attention. I asked for my cake and they were unable to locate it. The manager said I had never ordered one. I pulled out my receipt and showed that I had ordered a cake. I also pointed out that my order was still laying on the register. After disappearing for another five minutes,the manager substituted an icecream cake that served 6 as an "upgrade." I was furious. The cake was literally one from WalMart that can be purchased for $8.00. I did take the cake, because it was my daughter's birthday and I had no other cake for her, but I was very clear about my displeasure. Ironically enough, 4 out of 6 who ate the tiny icecream cake got sick, including my daughter who vomitted on the floor of the restroom. I was so upset about the whole thing...it was an awful experience for the kids. I did not expect a handout, nor did I ask for one. But they could have done something to make up for their mistake...like have Yogi stop by the cabin and surprise my daughter. Would that have cost anything? All in all, the great experiences of our previous visits have been virtually erased by this trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!