“A great time had by all!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
“A great time had by all!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our annual week long visit with Yogi. Just as in previous years, we all had a great time. There are many activities going on at all times so there is little time for the kids to get bored. The pool was a bit crowded on Fri and Sat, but other than those two days it was not bad at all. My only two complaints....A new policy this year is having to take your own trash to the dumpsters near the exit of the park, the staff still makes as many trips through the campground can they not pick up the trash on the way by as they've done in the past?? Also the speed limit throughout the park is 5 mph, unless you're a staff member, I guess they are exempt. Most times when you see them they are traveling as fast as the golf carts will take them. All in all it's a great place to camp with a family, and we'll be retuning for years to come!

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We visited Jellystone last month. We stayed Friday and Saturday night in a pull-through full hook-up site (#411) directly across from the upper pool, store and restaurant. Our 3 year old loved the spray park area so this location was convenient. The campground was very clean and the staff is friendly. The price per night is high but we felt we got a lot for our money. The cost to get in a water park for a few hours would be more for our family than a one night stay here.

Highlights: The upper pool and spray park area
Snowless snow tubing ($1 per ride)
Night time light-up hay ride with the bears
Saturday night dance
Cindy Bear's Restaurant chicken wings, fries and ice cream

Concerns: Activities weren't always on-time (carousel didn't open at all)
Firewood we purchased from store was damp

Overall we had a great time and booked another stay as soon as we got home. We can't wait to try some of the activities we missed like the fire truck rides, mini-golf, outdoor movies and candy bar bingo.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank asd5237
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We just returned yesterday from here. This was our second year we went. I love the fact that there are lots of things for my kids and I don't have to hear "I'm bored". My girls are 12 & 14 and they ask to go back next year. We stayed in our pop up down by bottom pool. I like it down there due to more shade and close to pool, waterside, and showers. The camp store is very pricey. We have never eaten at restaurant since we enjoy cooking over the fire. Nice they still have activities planned during the week and not just weekends like most campgrounds. It is a bit pricey but you get a lot in return.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Straight and to the point... Pools are filthy, the campground is way too big for the size of the pools. Also they are definitely not maintained well, water is cloudy at best! No way you will ever get a seat at pool unless you are up at dawn. Cabins are very uncomfortable and small, I get it.. It's a cabin I generally would not have a problem but the extreme price per night is not at all worth the money. They charge extra to ride snow tubes which is also ridiculous considering the price. The staff other than the older gentleman escorting you to the site are extremely rude! I also have a 18 month old and while at the pool the " lifeguard" approached me to make sure my child had a swim diaper..Really??? I'm not an idiot and obviously would have my child in one, didn't like the pool police assuming otherwise! Honestly the pool was so filthy that it wouldn't have mattered anyway! If you have small children who need sleep this is not your place... It's very noisy and the quiet hours are NOT enforced at all! Seems more like a get your drink on campground than a family place. There are good activities for the kids and that's about the only plus to this place. Definitely would never return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Luvincamp
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I am actually here now with my family of 5 (kids ages 7, 4, and 2). We checked-in around 6:00pm and after spending a good hour unpacking and organizing the camper, we went to the pool until it closed at 9:00pm. We then returned to the camper and started a fire, hung our wet pool stuff outside, and prepared a snack for our tired but happy kiddos. At that time we realized that the camper was losing power and by 10:00 pm we had no power. Apparently the rental campers are new and untested. Maintenance couldn't fix the problem so they reassigned us to a cabin. My husband and I packed up the camper in the dark while tending to the very tired and very dissapointed kiddos(they were over the moon about staying in a camper for the first time). We schlopped over to our cabin and unpacked/organized yet again. I was in the middle of putting our warm food in the refridgerator wondering if it survived in the broken down camper fridge and also trying to figure out how I was going to make up 3 full sized beds when I had linens for 1 queen and 3 twins, when the maintence guy showed up and apologized for our inconvenience. We asked if we would be "comped" at all. I was thinking free night stay or at least some replacement firewood (some of what we bought at their store was now burning in the fire ring at the broken camper), restaurant voucher to make up for possible lost food, free golf cart rental, etc. SOMETHING. His response was that were upgraded to a cabin. Good Grief.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JaylaL
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went on sept 2012 to visit the Falling Water House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, we have 2 children and wanted to find something nice for them also, so we gave it a try to Yogi Bear's Camp, the kids love it, we had a little cabin made completely of pine (really nice smell), just in the middle of the wood surrounded by lots of trees. There are around 20 of those cabins in the park, and I believe more than 200 spaces for parking motorhomes.
They had a club house with a store and a nice pool and water slides, lots of families goes there
We stayed 2 nights and made a wood fire and marshmallows, kids loved it
the drive to Falling water House is probably 10 minutes, there is also a nice town close by I think the name is Ohiopyle

Room Tip: Try to book in advance and to be not that far from the clubhouse and pools, the camp is in a slope