“very friendly clean place”

Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milroy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

several members of my family and I all use this motel when we return to the Big Valley area. It is always clean, and the staff are friendly and help in anyway they can. Also, most of us are in, or have been in the military, and appreciate the military discount.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
William S, General Manager at Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you very much. We have a fairly basic property here so we strive to make sure everyone feels welcomed and everything is as clean as humanly possible. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a very clean hotel, the breakfast was great, the employees are friendly and helpful. Also, you can run on streets in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel. 25 minutes to State College.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the survey response! We appreciate your opinions.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Hotel was Ok. Good Location to where we were having our meeting. Stay at another hotel in area before which had very noisy guest . Staff would not call police to have them quit down. This hotel was quite. The staff was very friendly and nice. Hotel was Clean. Bed was very hard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
William S, Manager at Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for the honest review. I apologize about the bed, it is one of the hardest things for customers to like consistently. Some people love the firmer mattresses and others can't stand it. I am glad we were able to provide a quieter and more relaxing experience. Have a nice week and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The staff went above and beyond to help us out. A pipe broke in our house and they were so accommodating to our needs, during the initial quote we were happy with but they called us back to tell us that they could give us a better rate considering the circumstances. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Very happy that we could help you all in a time of need. We were happy to accommodate you all and lowering the rate. Broken pipes can be the worse so I am glad you had somewhere comfortable to stay. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My company sends people to this area four times a year. This was the best place to stay because of the close proximity of other businesses, the ease of getting in and out of the property, even in poor weather, and they have the best continental breakfast options of all area hotels.

Recently, however, they have made a contract with the local electric company and it is hard to get rooms. Some of their guests stay for weeks, and smoke in the rooms, preferring to pay the fine than go outside. This hotel is going downhill fast.

While there last week, the room I originally had had a worn out bed that was severely uncomfortable. When I asked to change, I was informed that all of the rooms were taken. Later, I asked again to change. I was told they could possibly give me another mattress they had in storage. After about a half-hour, they called me and said they would change my room (even though none were available a couple hours before). They did take 20% off of my bill, and the new room was more comfortable, but had a smell to it. Later that night I realized the smell was cigarette smoke.

My wife never smelled it during the day, but the next night it came back. We called the front desk, and she came upstairs to try to find who was smoking, but said she couldn't. She told us that some guests prefer to just pay the fine, and smoke in their room. My wife has asthma, and the smoke really bothered her, plus the smell remained on some of our clothes. The night after we complained, however, the smoke smell did not return.

The room we were in (216) had no pictures on the wall (but hooks were there), no phone by the bed (but it was in the other rooms), and the first night it seemed very dirty, like it hadn't been cleaned for awhile. The clerk later told us that they don't rent that room often.

Very disappointed with this stay (this was my third time staying there). If they want to put off other guests so that they can rent the rooms to the local electric company, then that's fine with me. There's a Super 8 just down the road.

Room Tip: Stay away from 216
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stay at this hotel several times a year because it is very clean and comfortable. I have never had an issue with anything there. The continental breakfast is as good as any other hotel's continental breakfast, of which I am not a big fan.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

There are plenty of other lodging options available to choose from with a short drive of this hotel and I would recommend to anyone needing lodging in the Milroy area to not use the Best Western Milroy -- save yourself a sleepless night and save your money. It would be better sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah R
William S, Manager at Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

I responded by email to your Best Western complaint. Please read the response and respond when you have time. Thank you, Will Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milroy
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
#21 of 26 in State College
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Mifflintown

Been to Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy? Share your experiences!