“We love this place--great Italian food”

Mangia Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Mohnton
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For fresh and traditional Italian cuisine not too far from home, come visit Mangia! Italian Restaurant in Mohnton. At Mangia!, We've been using the same traditional recipe for more than 30 years. All of our authentic homemade food stems from Italian cuisine and southern recipes. We use a wood-fire brick oven for our pizzas which creates the most delicious, flakey crust you can get in town. Come see the Mangia! Difference with our local and fresh ingredients which gives your food the quality touch it deserves. Why eat canned pasta sauce when you can enjoy Mangia's natural, home-made sauce, made from scratch every day? While you're here, try some of our favorites including our famous Lasagna, the Chicken Parmesan, fresh veal and calamari, and more. Enjoy a drink with your meal at our full service bar. You can also enjoy our outdoor patio at Mangia! While dining with friends and family. We love happy hour at Mangia! Come join us Monday through Friday for food and drink specials that will make you crave more. Quality service is important to us, and you and your guests will be treated like part of the family during your dining experience that will be simply unforgettable. When you're looking for real Italian cuisine in Berks County, look no further than Mangia!
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“We love this place--great Italian food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've eaten here a few times. Great little bar, nice family atmosphere, great service, and love their Italian food (veal parm is my favorite).

Visited July 2014
Giuseppe F, Owner at Mangia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 October 2014
Thanks for the love, Anne! I know it's been a couple months, but I hope you'll come back and see us again soon. We'll be ready with the veal parm!

Cheers,

Philly
“Really great Italian”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in after golf. Had the pasta with meat sauce, wife had pasta with tomato sauce and meatballs. Food was great. Big portions and fantastic gravy (sauce). We will definitely be back!

Visited April 2014
I'm glad our pasta was enough to keep you coming back! I know it's been a while, but I appreciate you stopping in after a round of golf back in April and hope we'll get to see you both again soon!

Cheers,
Mohnton, Pennsylvania, United States
“relaxed family atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife loves to come here for either the buffalo chicken pizza or their veal parmagiana. The food is good, plentiful and reasonable.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bob J
Giuseppe F, Owner at Mangia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Glad to hear it, Bob! I hope you and your wife will come back and see us again sometime soon. We'll have your favorite dishes ready for you!

Warmly,
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Portions”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went on February 15th (Saturday) . Since the beginning Great atmosphere greeted by a smiley hostess and friendly staff... The special features are good and the spectacular dessert show was great. ( Watch for the flames). My only negative comment its that they turn off the lights to do the Pasta Show... Its a little annoying... and the waitress wasn't that knowledgeable

Overall Good Experience...

• Visited February 2014
Milford, Connecticut
“First class Italian meal in a casual setting”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I've been to Mangia for lunch before and thought I'd try it for dinner. I wanted something fairly light, so I started with a salad. The Italian Wedge, a huge hunk of iceberg covered with blue cheese dressing and the best bacon ever! OK it had tomatoes and cheese, too. This was not really light - I could have made this my entire meal. So I left some of that delectable bacon behind so I'd have room for my Lobster Macaroni & Cheese. I've seen this on the menu at lots of restaurants lately, but I hadn't given it a try yet. Well, it was The Bomb. But since I've been a good boy since the first of the year, I only ate a tiny bit of it because I really had plenty to eat after that great salad plus I now can't wait until lunch tomorrow so I can devour it with abandon. With tip and tax it came to just over 30 bucks. So try it - you'll like it!!! Had a very nice waitress, too named Nancy.

Visited January 2014