“Bug in food”

Eat'n Park
Ranked #15 of 60 Restaurants in Monaca
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Of course, time to time there will be a bug in your food. That was the case when I went to Eat n Park. There was a large fly in the salad greens at the salad bar, but I did not notice it at first.

I found the bug after eating about 1/2 of my first salad. I promptly told the waitress, and she said "Are you sure it is a fly?". Ohh noooo lady, its right in front of you, and that larger black thing right there does not have wings (sarcasm.) She said to hold on and she will talk to the manager.

She came back and said she could not find the manager. I think she could tell I was pretty angry just from the look on my face, so she said she would look again. Mind you, I watched her when she left the table, and she only went to her other tables then came back to ours and stated "The manager said she doesnt know what to do. I guess she's just gonna have to restock the lettuce at the salad bar."

Not once was there an apology. She didnt even take the meal off the bill. I only had a few bites! She didnt offer to bring me something else or remake a salad for me or anything. So, still with a disgusted look on my face, she said "Ill go talk to her again.." Maybe if she would have talked to her in the first place, she wouldnt have to look for her AGAIN. The waitress finally came back and said "Yup, they are just going to throw away that lettuce at the salad bar" then slipped us the bill and said "Come back soon, thank you"

WHAT. I couldnt believe it.

Worst part? I stuck around for a while after that to see if they threw away the lettuce at the salad bar and they did not.

Disgusting and rude. This is no way to treat someone, and clearly they did not care about serving the contaminated food.

EatnParkCares, Guest Relations Manager at Eat'n Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience at our Center Township location. Would you mind filling out our feedback form so that we can follow up with you? You can find the form here: http://bit.ly/EnPHelp

Reviewed 13 August 2013

If you are interested in keeping your eating habits healthy while traveling this is the place to go.They also have wonderful desserts and the bread is wonderful.You cannot go wrong by coming here.They are open 24 hours a day.Please don't miss this gem if you are in the Pittsburgh area.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Best Eat-N-Park I have ever been to (over 20+ yrs.). I have been coming to this location for 3 plus years.
Alan, the manager, really has done a great job with his staff.
Jennifer was my server, she truly is great, serving coffee/H20, explaining questions about the menu and she was very helpful with substitutions (fruit, butter on the side etc.).
Scott keeps the store impeccably clean (carpet, floors and especially the men’s room)!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Maybe it was an off day, but I can't recommend this location. This is a local chain restaurant. The food is good if you're looking for a light meal or sandwiches..On my visit the parking lot was nearly full, but I was seated promptly. The problem was with the service. After I received the menu, it was at least 10 minutes before anyone came to the table. My order was taken by a server who was sweeping the floor, after I inquired about putting in my order. The floor was messy, and the carpeting was stained. The food was good. This was not a good experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is the typical Eat N Park in the Pittsburgh area. Open 24 hours a day and good food. Everyone should find something they would like, all different food types are offered. Friendly wait staff and clean restaurant.