“Clean, quiet, and friendly”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight in March. Check in was prompt and friendly. We were in a room with a king-sized bed. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean and quiet. We were on the second floor directly across from the elevator and over the front entrance. We heard no noise and were very happy. One nice thing about the room was plenty of plugs.

The breakfast the next morning was good, and the staff was very friendly. One staffer took the time to show me how to make waffles (great!) and the food was fresh and plentiful. Lobby area was larger than I've seen in other Hamptons, and seating was plentiful.

Hotel was directly beside an Outback Steakhouse. You could order from it. One minor gripe - a parking lot is shared and the traffic flow can be a bit crazy during dinner time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you very much for responding on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, the room, breakfast, and our staff. We aim to please, and I am happy we were able to accommodate you during your trip. I will make sure I share this with our entire team, and I thank you for choosing our hotel for your travels. Please come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Just off the Pennsylvania turnpike, south of Pittsburgh, this Hampton is well located. Lots of dining selections in the area. The room was quiet and comfortable. The staff were helpful in giving us directions and making recommendations for routes to take us into the city. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important. It it wonderful to hear you enjoyed you stay, your room, and I am glad our staff were able to help you throughout your visit. We would love to have you back in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The room were clean and neat, quite and lots of towels and shampoo. No problems there. The breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Hard scrambled eggs tasted like Styrofoam, toaster underpowered, and limp pale sausage links. The staff was more than nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Your review is much appreciated and important to us, so thank you for your time and feedback. I sincerely apologize you did not enjoy our breakfast, but thank you for the kudos regarding the room quality and our fabulous staff. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again, and hopefully making your breakfast experience a better one in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

After reading the good reviews about this hotel, we decided to stay here for my grandaughter's 2nd birthday party, as it is a halfway point between Virginia and Michigan, and we decided to meet here. I must be in the twilight zone, because what we experienced was nothing like the reviews. Hotel is outdated, furniture ripped and stained (see pictures), pool unkept, dirty and cold, never had towels available. Hotel staff not helpful except for Christina, some young man whose name I did not catch, and the girls that work in the breakfast area in the mornings. The others acted like we were a bother to them. Spiders and bugs...eewwww. There were at least 100 young boys there for hockey and lacrosse tournaments, running all over the place, monopolizing the only 2 elevators they have for 9 floors, leaving their trash everywhere, running up and down the stairwells constantly. Parents decided to turn lobby and breakfast area into a bar all afternoon and night by bringing in their beer and liquor and loitering for hours while kids ran around unsupervised. Totally out of control, with no manager to be found. I had asked if we could use the breakfast area that was sectioned off to have her birthday party for a few hours in the afternoon, (since there are no meeting rooms, there were only 9 of us), and I was told "absolutely not" by Judy at the front desk, yet that night the "bar crowd" had the doors open and were sitting in there drinking and having a good 'ol time. Other issues: smoke alarm on wall in room hanging open with no batteries, hard to keep room at decent temperature, sofa bed like sleeping on a bed of nails, so uncomfortable. Breakfast room is small and congested, lobby very small. Parking is terrible, hotel is on a very very busy intersection. Would never ever stay there again, what a nightmare. Called guest services, they said they had received other calls regarding this situation, and they would try to resolve the problem with us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Greetings! I would like to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and providing your feedback. We have received numerous surveys you have taken the time to fill out about your experience, and we still continue to apologize for the inconvenience and horrible experience you shared As you already are aware, we have went ahead and refunded you for all four of your rooms, for all the nights, due to your unsatisfactory visit, and continue to thank you for bringing all of the issues to our attention. As I also let you know, this group in particular has created a huge problem for other guests and our staff, and consequently, we have asked them not to return.
I see you mentioned you were upset the team was in the breakfast area after you were told "No", and that is only because we tried to prevent any other issues from occurring and were taking extra safety precautions. (We do have 2 hot irons and etc in the breakfast area.) It is my understanding the team did not have permission from our staff to use that room and as a result we now have some broken equipment. It is made very clear the lobby, pool, and hotel had been taken over by this team, so we are so very sorry our hotel, lobby and pool were not as tidy as they are usually kept, but we certainly tried our best during the craziness. As I hope you know, that type of weekend is not typical, and we remain extremely apologetic it effected your stay. Your feedback has been passed along to each department and management, and we are indeed taking all the measures we can to correct them. Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was very happy during my stay in the hotel. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. Loved the complimentary breakfast and wireless connectivity. Would recommend to my friends and even I will stay here if I visit Pittsburgh again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Greetings! Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important to us. I am so pleased you enjoyed our property; your guest room and bathroom. The breakfast and wireless Internet are also great amenities I am happy you were able to take advantage of. Should you or your friends ever be in our area again, please make sure you stop in and stay with us again! We love having you!!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the great location. The day staff (Jill) went above and beyond the call to direct me to the #1 ranked public golf course in the State of PA. I am so happy to have played at Old Stonewalls and without her help that would not have become a reality. She also provided other excursions for my wife and I, but she hit the right buttons. It made my trip from WI worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello! First, thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to have you as our guest. It is wonderful Jill provided you with a great golf course to visit as well as other attractions in our area. Customer service is so very important to us, and I will be sure to share this review with, Jill. Please come back and visit us again while on your next trip! Have a fantastic week.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel was spotless, staff was very friendly. Room was comfortable. Kids loved the pool. Breakfast was yummy. Loved Outback next door, it was Easter so the kids ate free. Great hotel, great city. We will be back. Go Ravens!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
MorganEMack, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

What an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS TripAdvisor Review! Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. I'm so happy everything was wonderful for you and your family: your room, staff, breakfast, the pool, and dinner! We truly appreciate your business and hope if you ever come to Pittsburgh again, we have another opportunity to serve you. We will have a nice STEELERS "Terrible Towel" waiting for you when you get here!!! Thanks again, and see you soon!