“A Very Good Place”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn. I had a room on the ninth floor. The room was nice & quiet at night esp. considering there were lots of people in & around the lobby and using the elevators ( at 10 pm). The bed was comfortable. The room had good lighting, a full length mirror on the closet, a flat screen TV, 4 towels for the 2 of us and a coffee pot. Our room was also spotless. My only comment would be that there were no towel racks in the bathroom. Instead there were 2 hooks - one on the wall & one on the back of the door. I'd prefer hanging a towel on a rack to dry so I could reuse. But that didn't affect us this trip since we only spent one night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2010

I stayed here for several nights in late May and also several in late June. The rooms are quality and a good value for your dollar. The lobby is different in a good way. It's got a little bit of character with the fireplace. Breakfast is fine. The thing that makes this hotel very good though is the front desk staff. They were very helpful and addressed any needs I had in a cheerful and quick manner. The prices I had were in line with, or a little cheaper than, what I would have expected. The location is good for access to 48, 22, 376, and the Turnpike, but it's a little difficult to get into the parking lot because of the traffic situation/office park next door.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
gknupp, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Good Afternoon,
We were pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us during your last visit. We were especially delighted that the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating for you. We hope that you will make us your hotel of choice when traveling through the area as you have noted our convenient access to the major highways. Thank you for your comments and do visit us again. Sincerely, Staff & Mgt. Hampton Inn Monroeville

Reviewed 20 July 2010

As soon as we checked in, we found one on top of the bed cover. 10 minutes later another was walking on the cover. We brought one down to the desk clerk and they had no problem with us checking out immediately. When we brought this to the attention of Hilton, the Assistance manager for this hotel denied the bugs and said they had professionals making sure the hotel was clean. And this was even after we showed the bug to the desk clerk. I have stayed in other Hamptons throughout the years and never had this problem, but, I don't plan on staying at any Hilton related hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank alexisaac
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Relatively cheap for Pittsburgh area hotels. We were happy with staff, value and property. Pretty reasonable breakfast. Swimming pool was TOO cold.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We booked this hotel at the last minute--we were on the exit to the hotel when I called. The person on the phone was very nice and efficient. We are on a cross-country road trip and we've encountered all sorts of hotel staff along the way and the folks at this Hampton Inn were all very nice. Our room was spacious and well appointed. We have a dog with us and he was happy as well.
We ended up staying an additional night and though they were filled up because of college graduation they were able to accomodate us.
My only slight complaint was that our room was sort of haphazardly cleaned up---looked sort of like what I do when I'm in a hurry and I just pull the comforter over the bed but don't really straighten it out. But the room was still cleaned well and it was no big deal.
The location is about 20 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh and something closer might have been good but then we would have probably paid much more for much less.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I forgot to bring the credit card my employer requires me to use when traveling; but I had guaranteed the reservation with that card. The hotel refused to put the charges on that card, since I couldn't let them swipe it. Giving them the card number and a photo ID wasn't good enough. I noted that they would have charged this card, anyway, had I not shown up by 6 PM. Nevertheless, the manager said this was the policy of all the Hilton hotels. I had to use another card. There was absolutely no compromise, and no rational basis was offered to support the policy. In my mind, this kind of arrogant treatment puts Hilton, and all their hotels, at a distinct disadvantage when making my hotel selections in future travel plans.

Access to internet required registration information, and the internet was slow. Breakfast buffet food lacked variety and freshness.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank sm973
Reviewed 13 April 2010

the front desk manager was absolutly rude and very robotic when i had a problem with the reservation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple