“Awesome location and friendly staff”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I always prefer to stay in extended stay since it is same like my home.. Everything is clean and nice experience for family trip.. i strongly recommend this hotel..I stayed here for one day for this july 4th holiday and it was in a convenient location.. Staff were friendly.. This hotel doesn't have a swimming pool but i never use swimming pool much during a trip..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our accommodations and the cleanliness of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in. The staff was very rude! The rooms only get cleaned after 8 days. Oh--you can have them vacuum with a fee! The dishes were dirty---room smelled of smoke (even though it was no smoking). This was a family reunion and final goodbye to my parents. This hotel made our stay very unpleasant. They described the room as 2 double beds and a sofa with kitchen--NOT!!! I will never stay in this property again. Do yourself a favor--stay at a Marriott even a Knights Inn or local hotel would be better!

Room Tip: Don't go here--do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!
1  Thank Nonnalinda
Reviewed 16 June 2013

CAN YOU RATE LESS????? We are having the most unpleasant experience of our lives in a hotel! OMG!!!! This hotel is very misleading on the internet. They describe their double rooms as two beds and a sofa bed along with a kitchenette! If that is what you are wanting go to the Residence Inn by Marriott!!!! This is a sub-par room with a kitchenette!!! So unacceptable for the price. Also they put us with two kids 4 and 1 (on the reservation) above the lobby!!! After 2 days of being here I get a call when it was just my one year old and myself here that we are being TOO LOUD - the so-called attendant was rude and inconsiderate ( I work in a major call center in customer service and he lacks it - I doubt by the time I take care of this issue he will be employed!!) I called corporate, who were closed, and talked to reservations and they insured I will get a call back in the morning. The police even came and left-sighting no issue...I have the call from the police. In turn, if this is the way a hotel is run do you want to stay here? Spend the extra and go somewhere else!!!! (Marriott!!!)

1  Thank KimberlyRoderick
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that you did not find your room to be spacious and that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please know, our number one priority is the safety of all of our guests. To ensure that we continue to uphold this standard, there can be a time where the police are called. It disheartens me to know that this was the case for you, and it made your stay unpleasant overall.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the hotel directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

My wife and I and our three children stayed here for a couple of days while attending an airsoft expo at the local convention center. Upon arriving I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff. The hotel room looked freshly painted and was meticulously clean. I was a bit concerned about cleanliness due to the allowance of dogs in rooms). The room was spacious enough for the 5 of us. The price was very reasonable. The location was very close to a couple of malls, the convention center, and dozens of restaurants. Housekeeping can be done daily with an extra fee, but we simply chose to exchange towels and washcloths for new at the front desk. We stayed on the backside of the second floor which gave a great view of trees and the skyline. I honestly can't think of how our experience could have been better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and location of our property. As well, it is nice to hear that our staff is doing such a good job taking care of you and your family.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is in a very convenient location, lots of stores & restaurants nearby. I was only there for one night & it served my purpose well. Everything was clean & having a kitchen was very convenient. Through my research I found out the hotel was renovated in December 2012; so hopefully it will be upkept.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Carl - Thank you for posting such a kind review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and the amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, it is great to hear that you liked our location, close to lots of stores and restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Chose this hotel for it's location and convenience for my business in the area. Extended stays intended for those who need a temporary residence. I was there for 2 nights and it did not bother me that the room was not made up. The room was clean and fresh, kitchen was also clean. The staff was attentive and willing to assist anyway possible. There are many nearby restaurants and shopping centers available. I would definitely choose ESA again for a multi-night stay.

Room Tip: Take a room on the top floor. You can hear the people walking around above you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the convenient location of our property. It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the clean, comfortable room we provided you with!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Room was average at best .no service for clean towels nor was the bed made the next day .there are several hotels and motels in the area this was a poor choice.if price is the only criteria it would be average at best. We have stayed at other extended stays and they are better managed that this unit.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stephenjayklein
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel to be up to your standards. Our housekeeping policy allows for room cleaning every 7-days and in between upon request for an additional minimal fee. This should have been communicated to you upon check-in. Since it was not, I am going to review with the staff our check-in procedure and the messages we must communicate during this time.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at PMV@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.