Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
“Stay America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Safe clean nice location lots of restraunts around hotel shopping right by hotel stage very nice and helpful roomvwasvreally nice every thing you needed already in kitchen lots of water pressure for a messaging shower.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
District Heights, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

They do not have a restaurant or swimming pool. That is the only option since there is no N/A. I stayed once before and this was the reason that I came back. The toilet was dirty this time. That was the only thing. So I have chosen another hotel this trip.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant or swimming pool. That is the only option since there is no N/A. I sta...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your toilet was unclean. In response to your feedback, I am encouraging my staff to be particular to details especially the toilet area. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at PMV@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
SOUTH RIDING
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

OK so this was not the best experience overall; not all of it was attributable to the property itself. I arrived on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend at 5:00 pm and walked in to eight people standing in line at the front desk. There was a huge issue with anyone who had booked thru a some of the hotel providers via the Web -- their reservations had never made it to the hotel's computer system despite the guests having "confirmed" reservations from the online providers. The hotel was completely sold out. What a mess; fortunately the hotel had my res but it was a 50 minute wait at the desk with only one employee working the desk and she continually took phone calls while we were waiting in line. She was not a multi-tasker and while on the phone, those of us waiting (losing patience) simply had to keep waiting. This despite one of us in line suggesting she let the phone ring and take care of those of us who were in line. Anyway, I made it to my room. The rooms have been updated but it wasn't wholly clean. Greasy countertops and the bed appeared to have been slept in. I travel with my own sheets so this wasn't a huge issue. I didn't use the kitchen facilities so the countertop wasn't so much of an issue. The bigger issue was the upstairs noise -- those guests might've well have been in my room. I didn't sleep well for all their lead-footing (like they were stomping) about until after 2:00 a.m. This room was just for one night on a quick stop in the east suburbs of Pgh so while it wasn't as comfortable as I'd hoped, it wasn't terrible. Virtually all the neighboring properties were sold out so I had to take what I could get. There also is no breakfast (they put out bars and coffee which would do in a pinch) and the elevator had real operating troubles. I don't think I'd opt for this property again.

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd floor) would be a smart choice to avoid noise of other guests.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very sorry that your check-in process took so long and that your room was not clean upon arrival. In response, I will be working with our staff to ensure our check-in processes are efficient and our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures. As well, I apologize that you were disturbed by noise from guests on the third floor. Our staff does work to limit the amount of noise, and will continue to do so in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, do not hesitate to contact me at pmv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

After nearly 2 months of staying here I have only been able to chase the manager, Brian, down twice. I was told by the "other" manager, Bobbie, that he is a salaried employee so he isn't required to be here. (This same man also told me once that it depended on who posted our account as to how much money would come out of my bank account...... what?????? You can't tell me how much $ is going to be charged to my bank account?????) However, apparently no one else can answer questions!! With manager #1 always gone, I have attempted to talk to manager #2 several times, only to be misinformed and then have him "not remember" our conversations. This man is literally the RUDEST person I have ever encountered. Any time I have approached the front desk to talk (I mean like 10+ times) he constantly interrupts my sentences by saying "and? and? and?" I went to exchange my towels once and when I tried to say "Could I get fresh towels?" he interrupted me and said " No explanation needed, I can see." He's just simply RUDE. If I have asked for something simple like change for laundry or important information about my rate, he has always made me feel as if I am bothering him. I could literally rant about this mans horrible customer service skills for days. On top of the terrible way he has treated me, in two months the hotel was out of toilet paper 5 times! Our toilet has never worked properly and since the day we arrived, all but 2 dryers have been out of order in the laundry room. That is a huge deal because this hotel has been FULL. That laundry room is constantly needing to be used. So, it takes longer than 2 months for a repairman to come? Or is it that they couldn't careless if we have dryers? ---- I'd like to add that my husband and I travel together for his job, we stay in hotels all across the country for at least 10 months a year, this is my FIRST negative review. I am not hard to please nor am I unreasonable. I just find this man's eye rolling, head shaking, and condescending tone completely unacceptable. We have a history of spending nearly $8,000.00 per year at Extended Stay America Hotels. NOT ANYMORE! I will do everything in my power to avoid spending another dollar in a ESA after we depart from here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank LoriHasting
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Lori - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am extremely sorry that there was a breakdown in communication between our hotel's staff members and that they did not attend to your needs in a professional manner or timely fashion. Please know, I take your feedback very seriously and have spoken with the staff personally about the situation you described. As well, I am going to be coaching the entire team on how to handle customer requests better moving forward. I am disheartened to know that our staff failed to provide you and your Husband with a good experience at our hotel; however, I am glad to have this opportunity to use your comments as an example so we can improve our offerings overall.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at pmv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Monroeville hotels

Ghaziabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I have been there last weekend. I liked it. It is close to food joints, gas station and the interstate highway. The bed and the toilet was clean. I got a double full bed and it was big enough for 3 adults and a kid. The. itchen attached to the room was good. It had a big fridge, a toaster and a microwave. It even had some utensils which was good to see (though I had my own with me). I got a free upgrade and discount on additional guest, so no complain on that part. Breakfast was free and on the go. Parking was free. The Manager is a nice person. If you have some problem he is ready to help you in all possible way. The staffs were friendly.
The exits from the hotel needs to be fixed. Atleast 2 of them did not work from outside. I also feel that the carpets in the room might need to be replaced because if the room was closed for a while, I good some bad smell which I believe is from the carpet. Yes, when I told this to the manager he immediately changed the room which was really nice of him...
Overall it was worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Sourav D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and the cleanliness of the room. I am sorry that some of our doors were not working properly, and we are working on fixing those. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was not cheap, but the rooms were not clean. Found trash left over from previous guests, sheets were not changed. The guy at the front desk told us that the cleaning of rooms only happens one day in a week!!! So, if you go in mid week and it is not clean, you are stuck?

There was 1 guy at the front desk who did everything and although he tried there is only so much he can do. Free Breakfast is a joke, they had a few oatmeal packs and one type of cereal bar, apples and called it carry out breakfast.
Very bad experience..over all. In my mind the extended stay logo with green hectogan now = a huge TRASH can.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mu S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to your or our standard. We apologize and I am continuing to inspect and retrain staff to make sure we are not having these types of incident repeat. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at PMV@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Upon arrival, the refrigerator had crumbs in bottom drawer. Garbage had not been emptied and garbage was on the floor under the sink. Wall lights and night stand radio did not work. In looking to see if these needs were plugged in, I found an envelope and penny behind the nightstand. I called the front desk and the clerk had to do double duty to clean and correct all of these disappointments. The carpet did not appear vacuumed. I learned the next day, when I read the booklet in the room, and learned that linens and cleaning is done every seven days. I would not have made a reservation in a place that does not offer daily room care (with cards to choose for limited changes). I work in the medical field so could not recommend this chain to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask about restocking and cleaning the rooms before making a reservation because there is an extra ch...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Keri M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the room was not to your or our standards. In response to your feedback, I am retraining staff on our housekeeping policies and standards to ensure your experience doesn't happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at PMV@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.