“Stay Couldn't Have Beet Better And Then Some!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I were looking for a romantic getaway place for a night after attending a wedding reception nearby, one with specific amenities that oddly hotels with them don't seem to advertise well. After reading some of the reviews and contacting the people who posted them we decided to give the Monroeville Comfort Suites and boy oh boy are we glad we did.

The room did indeed have the very things we were looking for: a comfy king size pillow top bed, a spacious stand up multi-head shower and a whirlpool tub big enough for two adults in the room with an electric "fireplace" right next to it for some added ambiance... better yet the hotel was unbelievably quiet which made relaxing all the easier. Breakfast the next day, included at no extra charge was a nice touch.

The hotel isn't very big and they have no bar or restaurant on site (plenty that are literally a stones throw away though) so there's not a lot of traffic which adds to the quiet relaxed feel. Everything was clean and tidy and the evening would have been a huge success if something else hadn't been asked of them, but it was.

Shortly after returning home the next day my wife discovered that through a miscommunication between us some items had been left behind. A special order therapeutic foam pillow and two pairs of diamond stud earrings. I immediately called the hotel and the young lady who'd been so helpful and friendly to us the night before (Ciera) answered and after explaining our plight she told me she'd thought the room might have been cleaned already but would check for the items while I returned. We'd written off any chance of ever seeing the earrings again and hoped to just recover the pillow at that point but much to the credit of the staff when I arrived Ciera had everything waiting for me at the front desk.

The facilities were top rate, a real hidden gem as others have said, but the staff is a true cut above.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
GeneralManager392, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I would like to take this time to say thank you for the review that you have written about our Hotel. We have a wonderful staff here at the hotel, Each and everyone of them will go above and beyond for our guest. And I am very happy that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. We do have a very small hotel and we like to make an impression on all of our guest. I will share this review with the entire staff so that way they all will see how much that they make an impact on your stay. Again Thank you and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

First of all, my wedding was in 2011 and I can't believe I forgot to write a review for this wonderful hotel and would be remiss if I didn't share my thoughts so here it is.

We were searching for a hotel close to our reception hall and stumbled upon this gem! WOW is all that I can say. Everything was excellent, from the room accomodations to the delicious hot breakfast in the morning with yummy flavored wafflles, to our awaiting romance package, complete with sparkline wine and jacuzzi by the fireplace. Front desk staff was very accomodating especially when we realized we didn't have credit cards to check in...afterall we were still dressed in my gown and husband in tux!! The decor is fabulous, I had no idea this chain even existed! Definitely has the boutique feel. I'm so glad we decided to stay here. It was convenient to Monroeville yet far enough that we didn't have wedding guests popping in to visit! Thanks to the staff for making the beginning of married life a memorable one.

Room Tip: Couples...you must get a room with jacuzzi/fireplace...very relaxing and enjoyable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We very much appreciate and value your comments, and I will share this with our staff. We strive to be the best Hotel in the area and we have a outstanding staff. I am very pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am glad you chose us to start your new life together . Again I want to say thank-you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and stayed 1 night for the TSO concert Saturday and the comic con on Sunday. The rooms had a modern European decor and had been recently renovated. The lounge and was very pretty, and had a more upscale feel to it. Bathrooms were spacious with black marble tile and art nouveau sinks. Breakfast was your average fare, waffles, eggs bacon, cereal and assorted pastures. I did not use the fitness facility, and I don't believe they had an indoor pool. This was a smaller than average hotel but quite nice. Rooms were clean, although I did find debris along the baseboards along side the bed. No hotel will ever live up to my standards. All in all it was a good stay. If you need quick and easy access to the city with a good choice of restaurants this is a wise choice.

• Stayed: December 2013
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We do have a different type of hotel with the decor. Our entire staff takes great pride in the Hotel, and I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future if you happen to come back this way. Again thank you for staying with us anf the review.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is the best little hotel. I loved it. I loved the decor, I loved the room, I loved the staff! Love, Love, Love. I actually keep trying to find a way to make it back here for a stay. my room was fabulous and I kept raving about it to my coworkers who have since decided to stay at this location as well. My room was perfect, an upgrade for me at check in. Fireplace above the whirlpool tub, very cool and modern bathroom with rain type shower. Comfortable and I didn't want to leave. Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We have a wonderful Staff that go above and beyond for our Guest. We have a very unique hotel with the Décor. We appreciate all of the great comments that you wrote about us, and for telling you co-worker about our Hotel. We hope to us you soon. and again thank-you for your business.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is fantastic. We stayed for the weekend Sat-Mon and couldn't have had a better experience. The room was so clean throughout. The beds were comfy and very fresh. My son loved the tv in bathroom, nice novelty. We are ones who will inspect rooms before unpacking making sure things are clean, all I can say......well done. Breakfast was usual offerings. Front desk employees are very friendly, we never passed by without a warm greeting from them. We did go into city for dinner and its only a 20 minute drive and easy.
The only issue I had was the entrance, if you aren't watching out for hotel then you could very easily pass it. They have some signs by entrance that block view of street coming out which makes it hard to see cars coming down street, careful of that. Outside of that, this was a diamond of a hotel. Definitely stay here.

Room Tip: We had room beside elevator and didn't hear a peep of noise anywhere, Get room facing main road...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
directorofsales7, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel. We have a wonderful staff here and they all take great pride in their jobs, to have the best hotel for our guest to arrive to. I am thrilled that you had a great experience with us. We hope that when you are in the area, that you stop in to stay with us again. Hope to see you in the future to serve you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I absolutely love this place. I stayed here for about a week all together. Stayed in a variety of 3 different rooms. This is a fairly new hotel and I miss it already!
Each room is situated to feel like your own little cave. Each room you walk into contains a long hallway that opens into the room. Each room also has its own doorbell, which is an awesome feature that keeps the hallways quiet!
Each bed has adjustable mood lighting over it, there is also mood lighting over the desk area. Each bathroom is equipped with the best shower I have ever had. The sides of the tub are extra wide to place your shower supplies on. All shower walls are a dark granite. The water itself at this hotel is treated to be enjoyably drinkable right from the faucet. You can smell the cleanliness from the water!
I got to stay in one of the jacuzzi suites for one night and it was the best jacuzzi suite I have ever seen in my entire life! It has all of the same room features, but has a secluded jacuzzi in the middle section of the room, it is separated from the bed area by a curved wall. It also has adjustable mood lighting over the jacuzzi, a third tv specifically for watching in the jacuzzi, and its own electric fireplace viewable from the jacuzzi! Absolutely the best!
I also had a chance to make a friend at the hotel and meet some of the great people that work here. My first day arriving in this hotel, I was their "Guest of the Day". It was the first day they started doing guest of the day and I was super excited! It literally made my whole day.
The lobby area to this hotel has a great glass waterfall sculpture and amazing detailed features throughout! I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Pittsburgh/ Monroeville area!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing, but if you can afford it... go for the jacuzzi suite its amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We would to thank you for taking the time for answering the survey. We do have a wonderful Hotel and a excellent staff . We take great pride in the way the hotel is ran. I really appreciate that you took the time to down loaded some pictures of the hotel, for other people to see what we have here to offer. So again thank you for all your great comments on the hotel.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Unfortunately I was only able to stay at this location for one day. I loved my room, this was the first Comfort Suites I have stayed in. I stayed in another one after this and the rooms weren't nearly as nice as these. The bath room has a good amount of space as well as the rooms. The staff greeted me with a smile and was happy to help. Every time I try to stay they are sold-out and I can understand why. I cant wait till I can return and stay a little longer then before!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
directorofsales7, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that your first experience with the Comfort Suites brand was a good one. We take great pride in our hotel and in our friendly staff. I am pleased to hear that they greeted you with a smile and were so helpful. Please stay with us next time you are in the Monroeville area. We look forward to serving you again.

The Staff at Comfort Suites Monroeville