Comfort Suites
US$135
US$70
US$119
SpringHill Suites
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville(Monroeville)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$91
HolidayInn.com
US$72
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe breakfast areachoice hotelssmall hotelstayed one nightwaffle makerwafflesroom was cleanbooked roomssteelers gamestaff was friendlypa turnpikefree breakfasthot breakfastair conditionernice breakfastfresh fruitnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We asked a tollbooth operator where a good place would be to stay in Monroeville, PA. After she recommended a hotel, I decided to check out Tripadvisor. Wow! The one she recommended was number 7 out of 9. Decided to do what we always do, go with the advice of our Tripadvisor friends. We weren't disappointed!
Our room was spacious, up-to-date, clean, and very pleasant. We were thankful for the nice desk to work on and complimentary internet. We had plenty of room for a number of suitcases and were provided with great beds. We really wanted to take the pillows home with us. They were wonderful!
I was hesitant when checking in because the gal working the desk was putting us on the first floor near the lobby. We don't usually stay in those locations. However, she assured me that it would be very quiet and they have never had complaints from that room. We took a chance. Didn't hear a word!
We don't usually eat the complimentary breakfast that comes with rooms like this, but wanted to get an early start on driving. We entered the dining area and found it clean and well-stocked with fruit, drinks, waffle-maker, muffins, bagels, bacon, and even cheese omelets. Debbie did a wonderful job of keeping the food from never running out. We were very impressed.
I did notice the messages regarding the bathroom sink not working well. We did not have that problem. I would agree with the parking situation and the difficult turning situation out of the driveway. It would not keep us from staying here, however.
Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back when traveling this way again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lillian S
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Monroeville for a weekend trip to visit family. We were looking for a "suite" because we were travelling with a toddler and needed the extra space. We read the other reviews here on Trip Advisor, and booked at the Comfort Suites because of its high reviews.

This was a quiet, clean, hotel, with friendly accomodating staff. We were pleased with the room size, although the suite isn't as spacious as an Embassy Suite, it was still a good size for our family. The front desk check-in was friendly, and check-in was easy.

My only suggestion would be to add towel hooks in the bathroom. There was only one hook, and for a family, made it difficult to re-use towels.

We had to leave a day early because our son became sick. Even though we notified the hotel at noon the day before we were supposed to check-out, they gave us time to gather our things and take our time to check out, and didn't charge us the extra night. We weren't expecting a full refund for the entire night, but they were understanding of the situation and accomodated us nicely.

This hotel is also close to nearby restaurants, mall, shopping, etc. without feeling as if you are in a noisy area. The hotel was quiet, and you would never know you were in a busy area.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2010

My sister and I stayed one night at this hotel as a stopover on the way home from New Jersey to Michigan and I wish we could have stayed longer! The hotel is wonderful! We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the lobby was and how the room looked. It was definitely something that you would find at a much more expensive, high-end hotel. From the fluffy mattresses to the big screen high-def tv's (yes even one in the bathroom!). The breakfast was good, which included made to order waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage (even if they were made in the microwave). I've stayed in other Comfort Suites but this one wins the prize! I never expected something this nice from a chain hotel. If I need to stay in Monroeville again this will be my first and only choice!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank FoodExpurt
Reviewed 19 September 2010

In fact nothing in the Monroeville area comes close to the Comfort Suites. I used to stay frequently at the Hampton across the street, but this place is far better, and less expensive to boot.

The rooms are outstanding; elegant but in a sort of a modern/deco way. Carpets, bedding, drapes, everything first class. The bed was high and very comfortable, even the pillows were great. The work table has FOUR outlets, plus the network connection, all at desk level; there were an additional two outlets above the nightstand. Both the work desk and the beds have track lighting over them, each controlled by a separate switch. Room included a fridge, microwave, sofa, and coffee table.

The bath has one of those cool above-counter bowl-type sinks, and the shower had plenty of hot water at good pressure. There's a nice HDTV in the room with lots of channels ... and a smaller flat-screen TV in the bath!

My room was right next to the elevator and it faced Rt. 48 (Mosside Blvd) and yet it was quiet as a tomb for sleeping.

Two slight negatives -- the parking lot is a little tight, and the overflow lot is not connected. You have to go out on Rt. 48 and back in to the AAA office next door to get to the overflow lot. Second, it can be challenging to make a left turn out of the main lot at heavy traffic hours due to the lack of a traffic light.

However, the positives far outweigh the negatives. If there is room at the Comfort Suites, I'll never stay anywhere else when I'm in Monroeville.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Cadillac22
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Very happy with our stay at this hotel. Quite a small, modern, new hotel. Only dealt with check in and out staff who were very friendly and efficient. I agree with a previous review that the sink in the bathroom doesn't function well - but it looks good!! Extremely clean - would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple