“Won't go back.”

Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was clean...that's important to me, was relatively quiet, had good internet and was affordable. But it goes downhill from there. We were in room 115. It had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in in a motel. The toilet flushed so loudly that it almost hurt my ears....not to mention that the toilet had come un-anchored from the floor. A continental breakfast was supposedly available until 10 A.M., yet when we got there at 9:20 there were only a couple of pieces of bread, 4 mini muffins and pre-sweetened cereal. My husband is a diabetic and I try to watch my sugars so couldn't eat any cereal. There were no bagels or English muffins, oatmeal, fruit or pastires....nothing...just bread, pre-sweetened cereal and 4 mini muffins as stated above. When we asked the clerk if there was any other food, he said...we don't have fruit! (He apparently couldn't understand our English anymore than we could understand his! When we finally managed to get him to understand that we were asking if there was any more "food"!!!! he got into the freezer and pulled out two cellophane wrapped pastries and put them in front of us. Oh well....at least he tried.

Room Tip: Don't know about the flushing sounds in the other rooms, but 115 is LOUD! Very, very LOUD.
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family and I had to stay because of an emergency situation with our house we rent.. They were very HELPFUL, and kind and just wonderful people.. The general Manager Mr. Patel was so great when I had to extend my stay for my family and myself for an extra day.. The room was super clean, a/c worked great, bathroom was very nice and clean,, it had a mini fridge & coffee pot. It had 2 double beds, I only wish it would have been queen beds. They have complimentary breakfast, but no guest laundry facility to use. Loved the fact that the security of the rooms was so great they use a security key that looks like a key instead of those cards ..

Room Tip: I only wish they had an elevator but they did keep me on the main floor because I am disabled.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Great hotel, especially for the money. Staff were pleasant, continental breakfast did the trick. Only complaint is that some of the TV stations had no sounds, including the local CBS & NBC affiliates. I never let anyone know about it, though. I would DEFINITELY stay again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Reviewed 23 March 2013

The night sraff was plesent and efficent. The day staff (the owner) couldent speak English very well. He grumbled when I asked for food and gave me and my wife frozen cinimin rolls. Some continental breakfast. Breakfast was from 6 to 10. By 9:30 there wasen't any food left.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We went with price and selected this Super 8 on the "Golden Mile" east of Pittsburgh. We stayed in a first floor, non-smoking, king bed room & got the "Manager's Special" at $49 per night. The negatives: our first night the apparently long-term tenants directly above us were running and jumping on the floor so hard we complained at the front desk. Management was polite but smiled knowingly and said they were children and would settle down soon. (It was after 11:30 pm when the jumping finally stopped.) The breakfast was somewhat more meager than most Super 8's with just cereal, toast, & packaged cinnamon buns. The positives: the motel was very clean; the towels and sheets were soft & fluffy; we asked for a different room for our second night & they immediately complied. The second night was wonderful! Thus we were able to see downtown Pittsburg and spend our money on the great attractions.

Room Tip: Ask if there are permanent tenants on the floor above.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraG332
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroeville
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#57 of 71 in Pittsburgh

Been to Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville? Share your experiences!