“poor service and breakfest”

Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 22 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 May 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The place was great i dont like to spend much time on these get to the point i do but every time i hit summit it wont take did not see fitness room /businees room but i had to answer and i had to put 25 words here

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was clean...that's important to me, was relatively quiet, had good internet and was affordable. But it goes downhill from there. We were in room 115. It had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in in a motel. The toilet flushed so loudly that it almost hurt my ears....not to mention that the toilet had come un-anchored from the floor. A continental breakfast was supposedly available until 10 A.M., yet when we got there at 9:20 there were only a couple of pieces of bread, 4 mini muffins and pre-sweetened cereal. My husband is a diabetic and I try to watch my sugars so couldn't eat any cereal. There were no bagels or English muffins, oatmeal, fruit or pastires....nothing...just bread, pre-sweetened cereal and 4 mini muffins as stated above. When we asked the clerk if there was any other food, he said...we don't have fruit! (He apparently couldn't understand our English anymore than we could understand his! When we finally managed to get him to understand that we were asking if there was any more "food"!!!! he got into the freezer and pulled out two cellophane wrapped pastries and put them in front of us. Oh well....at least he tried.

Room Tip: Don't know about the flushing sounds in the other rooms, but 115 is LOUD! Very, very LOUD.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family and I had to stay because of an emergency situation with our house we rent.. They were very HELPFUL, and kind and just wonderful people.. The general Manager Mr. Patel was so great when I had to extend my stay for my family and myself for an extra day.. The room was super clean, a/c worked great, bathroom was very nice and clean,, it had a mini fridge & coffee pot. It had 2 double beds, I only wish it would have been queen beds. They have complimentary breakfast, but no guest laundry facility to use. Loved the fact that the security of the rooms was so great they use a security key that looks like a key instead of those cards ..

Room Tip: I only wish they had an elevator but they did keep me on the main floor because I am disabled.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Great hotel, especially for the money. Staff were pleasant, continental breakfast did the trick. Only complaint is that some of the TV stations had no sounds, including the local CBS & NBC affiliates. I never let anyone know about it, though. I would DEFINITELY stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroeville
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
#4 of 12 in Monroeville
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#57 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Super 8 Pittsburgh/Monroeville? Share your experiences!