Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was the first stay at Residence Inn and we did not expect much. What a nice surprise! Staff was very helpful and our room was clean and very spacious. It was much better than pictures you can see in their website. We did not cook but I am sure you will find everything for cooking in your room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nora J

Reviewed 1 July 2013

A PEACH of a hotel. I don't know where to start with my praise of this Residence Inn. It's 2 years young, but is maintained so as to look like it opened just yesterday. Bright, roomy lobby...so clean, neat & sparkly. The hallways are very wide..carpeting is clean. My room was spotless, well-appointed and seemed bigger than a typical Residence suite. The bathroom (my pet peeve of any hotel)...spacious & squeaky clean. Granite counter tops, no 'mildewy' corners. The housekeeping staff must clean on hands and knees. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Now, Residence Inns (my preferred chain) have an Achilles' heel, generally speaking, in that while designed with the A/C & heating unit in the wall...it's always the wall nearest the bed. They usually kick on with a bang and I've learned to travel with earplugs. This Residence Inn....so quiet that I could barely hear it running. The only thing that disturbed any of my sleep was the icemaker in the full-sized fridge tumbling into the during the night. Simple fix..switch it off til morning. Now for the staff... professional, helpful, friendly,..they make this hotel what it is, and they take their jobs seriously. I want to mention some by name..Marion, the Front Desk Manager, and Devin, the desk agent that was on duty most of the time. Terrific people. I also want to compliment the Housekeeping supervisor (I didn't catch her nametag) on managing her staff to the standards that are reflected in the rooms and the common areas of the hotel. Oh... and the breakfast buffet. Best I ever had. Fresh, tasty food (no omelet sliders here), well stocked, huge variety of foods. Spotless eating area with plenty of tables and ample room to move around. Two cooks/attendants on duty. I didn't get to the pool, but it looked wonderful, and the outdoor social area has a huge grill, fire pit and comfortable seating for a bunch of people. The little 'market' in the lobby was well-stocked, neat & clean. Yeah, you'll pay a little more to stay here each night, but the value for what you get is WAY well worth it. This one is a winner on every point. Thanks to everyone for this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is located back and away from the busy street, so there are no noise issues with regard to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RebeccaS14176
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and had a great experience. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-76. It's tucked away behind a massive Sheetz which made it a bit hard to find, but the Sheetz is within walking distance which was very helpful. The suite was studio-like (no doors), and very spacious. Everything was clean and new. The lobby is very striking- new, highly stylized. The only issue was that the hotel's free Internet connection was very slow, and trying to log in on my own satellite was difficult. Other than that, I couldn't help thinking that this would be a good place to bring older kids. There was an "adequate" free breakfast, a pool, a fire pit, and a small bball court. Lots for them to do while mom and dad sleep in.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank SunniTwin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The hotel is new, modern, and clean. Like all RIs, there was breakfast and dinner, both of which were actually pretty good.

One night, there was a BBQ with salad, potato salad, beans, etc. The breakfast area had many selections and a delicious passion fruit juice that was so sweet and good. Chocolate and strawberry milk, fruit cups, etc... The breakfast area turns into a zoo in the morning with all the kids, so avoid the families.

There is a basketball and tennis court, and outside dining area. The rooms are beautiful. Watch out other hotel chains, Marriott is stepping up their game with this modern place packed with food and activities....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is clearly a longer stay type hotel but we enjoyed our brief stopover. The place is immaculate, breakfast was excellent and our corner one bedroom king suite was spacious and very well equipped. We would have happily stayed longer.

Room Tip: The rooms toward the front of the hotel would be a bit quieter as the ones on the back face the adja...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimParkRidge_IL
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We spent 3 days in this hotel during graduation weekend for my daughter May 17 - 19. We were at once impressed by the size, and also the fact that it seemed very modern. Everything was perfectly clean. Strangely enough, in such a modern setting we were surprised to discover that two of the wall sockets near the stovetop had no power. Nor was there any power in the stove hood for a light or fan. We reported this to the front desk. I'm not sure if they did anything about it or not since I did not observe them writing anything down. It was not fixed while we were there, but we didn't get a chance to report it until Saturday, and we did tell them that it would not affect our stay since we were not cooking anything in the room. The microwave worked just fine for popcorn, and there were a some spare sockets near the sink which did work so we had no problem making coffee or tea. I'm guessing from the other reviews that this was an aberration and probably does not reflect the normal way of doing business. Aside from that issue I have to say we really enjoyed our stay and I would probably go there again. Breakfast was pretty good with selection of cereals, waffles, fruit, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, sausage, and probably more stuff that I can't remember now. The staff was very cheerful and friendly. I would have given them 5 stars except for the power issue.

Room Tip: Check the power when you first move in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HistoryBuff13
Reviewed 10 May 2013

It was situated just outside the city but it was near the mall and a lot of places to eat. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple