“Price and comfort were excellent - we will stay again”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here on our way to and from Philadelphia as it was the halfway point in our drive. This hotel is exactly what we look for - friendly and caring staff, nice clean room with a safe, comfortable bed and bedding, breakfast included, swimming pool, free parking, and close proximity to restaurants and conveniences. They even had a small basketball court and a lovely outdoor seating area with a grill and fire pit. We had a 1 king bed, 1 queen bed suite with 2 bathrooms and it was awesome! For a reasonable price! We felt we had plenty of room to spread out. The suite had 3 tvs which is nice as we travel with children. The kitchen was a very nice, full one with granite, stainless steel etc. and a table for 4. There is also a separate desk. Our room was on the top (4th) floor and we found it to be quiet. One night we walked next door to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and another night we brought Panera's back to the suite and enjoyed a quiet dinner together as a family. When I was originally booking a room in Pittsburgh, I looked for a room in the downtown area as we were going to a baseball game. Boy, am I glad the rooms in that area were booked so that I found this one! We had no problem using the highway to get to and from downtown. It is only a 15 minute drive and the exit is 1-2 miles up William Penn Highway. Residence Inn, we sincerely thank you for a nice family stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LoriL3020

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is a fairly new property. Everything is still in great shape. Very clean. Very comfortable. Felt very much at home here - room felt more like a condo than a hotel. Full kitchen. Decent sized sitting area. Separate bedroom (except in studio rooms). Only stayed for a night but this would be a great option for a long haul stay.

Nice outdoor sitting area with full sized gas grill.

Decent hot breakfast included. It would be nice if people changed out of their jammies before heading down to breakfast but this is not the properties fault - the old dude in the short Kimono-like robe was particularly disturbing.

I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better because you can hear some noise from the parking lot when cars arrive/depart.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PhillyArtie
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of June when we decided we wanted to go sightseeing in Pittsburgh. It is about 15-20 minutes outside of downtown Pittsburgh, so you definitely need a car if you want to see the city, However, being on the outskirts was well worth it to us. The hotel was absolutely beautiful. Our suite included a king-size bed, kitchenette, dining area and living room area that we all tastefully decorated in a modern style. Breakfast was included and had a variety of items to choose from. During the week (Monday thru Friday) they also had a complimentary dinner buffet that included salad, soup, a meat dish, dessert, etc. The staff was wonderful - very helpful with hotel issues as well as information about the area. The only drawbacks were that the hallways were freezing cold, and finding the front entrance was challenging because they blend it into the design of the building so well to give it a residence look. However, the value for the money was the best I have ever gotten from a hotel. We highly recommend that you stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very nice, clean and newer hotel had a great stay with wonderful staff. Excellent free breakfast in morning and Monday thru weds. Light dinner reception. We enjoyed the nice clean pool. I would highly recommend this hotel for monroville area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many, many times for business. For trips to the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh, it is my go-to stop. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well maintained. The staff is incredibly friendly, as well. I also tend to stay at hotels with good continental breakfasts. The Residence Inn did not disappoint. There are two or three hot entrees per day, in addition to a waffle bar, fruits, yogurt, danish, bagels, and the other standard fare. The hot entrees seem to rotate, which is a relief for an extended stay hotel-- I personally recommend the sausage hash, which is usually served on Tuesdays. About the only complaint that I have with this property is the speed of the internet in the evenings. When many guest are logged on, it bogs down significantly. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it can make Netflixing a movie at night or Skyping loved ones back home a little frustrating. One other thing to note is the staff's attention to detail. In my Marriott Rewards profile, I have standard requests for a high-floor room with extra pillows. In my experience, it is very infrequent that this requests are honored (especially the pillows, since it takes coordinated with housekeeping before I check in). Every single time that I've stayed at the Residence Inn-- which is probably nearing a dozen by now-- there were extra pillows on my bed, as requested. It's not a big deal when places don't look at these special requests, but I think it speaks volumes about how this hotel is run when time-after-time they get even the smallest details right.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a pretty good place to stay. The room I got was clean and spacious. The bed was very soft and comfortable. And the whole place is well furnished without seeming cluttered. The staff was professional and pleasant. I never had a single complain in my five day stay. And the indoor pool is good for a relaxing swim after a hard day of conferences and meetings. Highly recommended for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels I stayed in, the staff was the greatest, very courteous and helpful. The food was great and location was ideal. The only problem can be the cell phone reception sometimes but all in all I give it 5 stars!

Room Tip: Rooms in back or either side are great, although on all sides people come out to smoke and talk so i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business