“FANTASTIC hotel!”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 2 nights and would highly recommend this hotel! It was very clean, had an incredbile free breakfast, all rooms are suites, and had a very nice pool area. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The workout room was small but had top notch equipment (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, free weights). The pool area was enclosed and had a hot tub. The room was a suite, it was a bit on the smaller side, but was very clean, very comfortable and had some nice perks (microwave, mini fridge, wet bar, couch and chair, and big bathroom. The breakfast was incredible and so convenient! The staff was fantastic about keeping the breakfast buffet stocked and clean. There was waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries, bagels and cream cheese, muffins, various juices, potatoes, oatmeal with toppings, coffee. We spent a lot of time in downtown PA and this location was great. It was only about a 20 minute drive to the heart of downtown PA. We also visited Idlewild park and it was about an hour from the park. There were plenty of restaurants and stores near this hotel. Got small kiddo's? They will love the endless supply of suckers on the front desk!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2010

Stayed at this property for 5 nights in May, 2010 and have nothing but good things to say about it. The property is very new and in great shape. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Everything was great. My room was quiet, comfortable, clean and in full working order. The shower was hot and had great pressure. Morning breakfast was very nice - a hot buffet with eggs, breakfast meat, cereal, juice, coffee, baked goods, fruit, etc - and free!. Their Internet service was fast, reliable and didn't interrupt me in the middle of my work.

The property literally overlooks a highway toll plaza. The quiet rooms are at the front of the building.

The day manager's name is Renee. She was great - very pleasant, helpful, etc. and a pleasure to chat with. Overall, one of the best hotel stay's I've had in years.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2010

My family and extended family traveled to Pittsburgh for a family funeral. Each family coming from different parts of the country and don't get to see each other on a regular basis. Our families ranged from adults, seniors and children of all ages. Hotel staff was very accomdating. Rooms were nice, meeting area in lobby, very nice. Overall very pleased with hotel and staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I was quite impressed by the staff at this hotel -- very nice, helpful and accomodating. We were stopped here en route home from a driving vacation in the mid-west. Only a few rooms remained when we inquired at the desk for availability. We knew it was a noisy location, right next to the Pennsylvania Turnpike and toll booth; the staff had no problem with us checking out the room we were interested in before registering (we wanted to check out the noise level since since the room faced the turnpike). The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The turnpike noise was virtually unnoticeable while we were watching television. However, during the night, the truck noise (particularly at the toll booth) was bothersome to me; in fairness, it did not bother my husband.

Other than the noise factor, which is a result of the location, the hotel is very nice, well maintained, and well run. There also is a nice complementary breakfast. My overall rating of the hotel would be higher but for the noise factor. And I would recommend it as a "way stop" with the qualification that the noise could be an issue.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I booked this hotel in June for a two night stay. After reading reviews on this site, I called two weeks before our arrival date to request a room on the even numbered side of the hotel (away from the toll booths). The woman I spoke with was very accommodating. She assigned my room and blocked it to ensure I would receive an even numbered room. When we arrived at the hotel around 6:20 PM, we were told that our room had been unblocked and given to someone else. Please note that I guaranteed this room with a credit card so I had already been charged for it at 6:00 PM. The only room available was on the odd numbered side of the hotel. The toll booth was right outside and we heard trucks stopping to pay tolls all night. Also, the room smelled of urine and flowery spray by the bed. The manager was called on the phone and he wasn't going to do a thing about this situationt if I had not been a Marriott Rewards member! Since I told them I am, they reduced the price of the room the first night (I was paying the AAA rate and they cut the price in half) and when I requested that we be moved the next day, they did accommodate that request. We all barely slept the first night between the smell and the noise. We travel quite often and I have never been mistreated like this. The staff does not honor promised room requests--even when they've been guaranteed payment! BEWARE --- IF YOU ARE ARRIVING AFTER 3 PM --- BETTER YET --- STAY AT THE HAMPTON INN NEXT DOOR. It is away from the toll booths.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2009

The hotel is magnificent and we stayed in suite with whirlpool. Morning breakfast is a lovely continental spread with cheeses fruit pastries,coffee, juices, etc. The pool is lovely. Our kids are enjoyed it. We paid $118 per night for a room with whirlpool and king size bed which we thought excellent value., and we booked for friends with 2 double beds. They also like the room. Rooms are very clean and nice. There is 42 inch LCD also.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel for less value.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I didn't like this hotel at all. The rooms are small and narrow. I had a king suite and it felt like a large closet! It had a 25" TV that didn't even have a remote. My closet was at the foot of the bed so I couldn't even get into it. The walls were gross and all you hear were passing cars on the highway. Also, their so called fitness center consists of 1 treadmill and 1 bicycle so good luck working out if anyone else has the same idea. Don't stay there if you can avoid it!!!

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business