“Regular Customer”

Cuisines: Chinese
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Regular Customer”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I've lived in Monroeville for 3 years and have patronized China Palace regularly, mostly through home delivery. The food is very good (Royal Chicken my fave) and service is excellent. Delivery can be slow but keep in mind this is Monroeville and the average traffic light takes 5 minutes to cycle plus they're busy because of the food/service quality :-) Regardless of the wait, the food always arrives hot and the drivers are equally pleasant.

• Visited March 2012

Old Forge, New York
“Yuck! Worst I've ever had!”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Most disappointing Chinese style ever! Did take-out - Tom Yum Soup, Scallion Pancakes, Vegetable Steamed Dumpling and Tofu with Vegetables. Tom Yum was for two - of the quart of soup, 90% was liquid with very little other (three shrimp) but was tasty. Scallion pancakes had very little scallions (this dish is normally mostly scallions), rubbery and very greasy. The dumplings, I expected vegetables - you know like something green inside - NOT! These had a brown grain like stuff in it - maybe vegetarian, but certainly not vegetable nor any good! Last and certainly not best...the tofu vegetables- funky smell, and worst taste. This dish was nasty, and inedible. I threw most of this order out, then went out for food.
Don't waste your money!

• Visited December 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great little find. Hidden gem!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I REALLY didn't want to go in this place. I'll say that now. I wanted to go to El Campesino next door, because the outside looked really run down. Boy was I wrong!! The decor was very well thought out and very modern. It wasn't the tacky typical Chinese restaurant decor.

The meal was served with complimentary hot tea, and the service was very prompt. We had a great meal here and the server was very friendly. I was completely wrong about this place! I can certainly tell that the owner takes pride in this establishment.

Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Restaurant Ever!”
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I have eaten here since I was little and I always love the food here! The prices are afffordable too. The most common dishes I get are Mushu Pork/Beef, Sesame Chicken (very healthy for you because it's only lightly breaded chicken, close to none), General Tso's (any kind), and Sweet & Sour (any kind). The servers are always friendly and cater to your needs. They recently remodeled. New carpet, walls, attractive bar with a flat widescreen tv. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are craving Chinese food.

1 Thank blong189