“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in December. The room was extremely clean and included a flat-screen TV and refrigerator. The bed was slightly soft. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was excellent - hot and cold items were available and were very fresh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We needed a place to stay on our way to a football game that was on the far side of Pittsburgh so we did not have to fight rush hour traffic. This location fit the bill, and the room was clean and comfortable. Typical Marriott quality. I would consider staying here again if my travels take me this way again. Close to Turnpike entrance and shopping in Monroeville. Free internet is always a plus. There is a charge for breakfast. There is a small bar area with food available--but it was not open later (past 9 pm) as far as I could tell. We probably would have gotten a beer if it had been open.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights just this past week. Had a really good time. The hotel is modern and the rooms were a very nice size. The internet was a bit slow whether you used Wi-Fi or the Ethernet cable. Front desk staff was great. I have worked in hotels for the past 8 years so when I check into a room I CHECK my room. The housekeeping staff needs to do a better job. I did leave notes around the room pointing out the filthy phones and the mold growing along the caulk in the bathtub... very noticeable. Also someone posted a picture on this site of what looks like a bedbug and even though the Manager claims its not I can tell you 100 percent that it is a BEDBUG. I did check my room knowing that all hotels do get them and my room 201 did not have any during my stay. If I came back to Monroeville I would stay again. The bistro was very nice though the prices are a bit high.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I usually stay in the city, but everything was booked or $$$. This was a reasonable, clean, comfortable option, still close enough to the East End. It is newer, and really close to anything you can think of (dining, shopping, gas, etc.) - The staff is super-friendly and the hotel is really very nice.

Room Tip: Monroeville isn't really all that noisy but I would still pick a high floor for guaranteed quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank M3Mechanicsburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

While the hotel itself is beautiful, it does not make up for the hassle of the stay.

Before I booked my rooms, I called and explained that I was traveling with children and would need adjoining rooms. I was told it could not be guaranteed, but they would try their best and to call the day of check in. I placed this note in my reservation and called the day of only to find out that my two rooms were not adjoining, not next door to each other or even across the hall. They were down the hall and there was nothing that could be done to resolve the problem. I was able to have this problem remedied by customer service.

Upon check in, the staff was extremely pleasant and friendly. They requested a $20 deposit per room on a card for incidentals. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I was being charged $147.60 for each room since I had prepaid for my rooms.

After much frustration, it was found that they dropped the ball and apparently didn't charge my prepaid rooms when they could have. I did not wish to use the debit card that I used for incidentals but the system "wiped" the other card out.

Needless to say, even talking with the manager was useless. I was offered several apologies, but apologies don't really make up for the hassle and time these situations caused me.

I would not recommend this hotel and I'm hesitant to stay at any Marriott now.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank 4jumps
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Arriving in our room, we found an empty beer bottle on the floor. It was immediately obvious to us, so not sure how housekeeping could have missed it. The shampoo had clearly been used, and the handle of the toilet had a brown smear near it. When I brought these issues up to the front desk, I received an apology. After paying $116, I expected action of some type. Rooms are spacious, location is convenient to PA turnpike, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Hershey Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Looks like the hotel was well maintained. Both the reception area and our room were clean and nothing needed repaired. The reception person was courteous and helpful in answering our questions. The wi-fi worked well. The only negative was the traffic noise from route 22.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple