“Great Food & Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have been here several times, and every time we go, it seems to get better, The food, now I had a club sandwich (that was stacked), and very delicious that I could only eat half, and hubby had a fish, that he could not finish, and a pizza to go- delicious- that we had later.
The service was perfect, and the restooms, were very clean & fresh.
If you are in the city of Monroeville, this is the place to go to for a good meal and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This restaurant had NO service from our waitress tonight!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I went with a group of six (6) others to Tolerico's restaurant for the first (and last) time. I ordered a cup of the wedding soup. It was not hot enough. I asked the waitress to please put it in the microwave for another minute. When it was returned, (the same bowl, by the way), it was even colder. I asked for a NEW cup of HOT soup, this would be her third try, and there was NO BROTH in the cup, although it was hot. When she came back, I asked for just a cup of the broth to put in my cup, as all I had was pastina. Finally another waitress came to the rescue, with HOT SOUP.

Next, before the soup arrived, I had asked for extra napkins when she a chance. I guess that chance never materialized, as one of the other guests at our table got up and retrived the napkins from the back.

I ordered a fish sandwich that was supposed to came with tarter sauce and lettuce. When my sandwich arrived on a dry bun, no lettuce, no tarter sauce, I asked for a take out box and the tarter sauce. When she finally brought the tarter sauce, of couse, my fish was too cold to eat. (Who can eat cold fish). After my experience with the soup, I knew this would happen, that's why I asked for the take out box.

Our waitress did not keep our water glasses full. She had set the water pitcher on a nearby table, I got up and refilled everyone's water glass.

At the end of our dining experience, someone from the restaurant, came to the table, and asked if we were leaving soon. We jokingly asked if we were being kicked out. He was the owner, and was setting up for a jam session. Either we should not have been seated in this area, or he could have been a little nicer about it.

Since we were getting the "bums rush", one of the ladies went to use the ladies room. When she returned, she said, "it's filty in there". I didn't go in.

As we were leaving, I asked to speak to the manager. I told him about all of the above. His attitude was, "oh well", and "did you eat the soup?". Yes, I ate the soup, but don't you get it. It took the girl four (4) times to get a cup of soup correct. By the way, I always thought wedding soup had small meatballs in it. Not this one. Not any of the four (4) cups that were brought to me had a meatball in it.

And I then told him, these are the reasons that your restaurant is empty. Look around, and he thanked me for my opinion.

DON'T GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank dorothymusial
Acworth, Ga
“Great family dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was visiting family in the Monroeville area in late June prior to going to NY City and decided to treat them to dinner at Tolerico's. The service was fantastic and the food was even better! All 5 of us were very pleased with our meal which ranged from steak to pasta. I would definitely go to this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2012
Plum Borough, PA
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I wonder if there are enough words to say how truly AWFUL our dining experience was this past Saturday night. An otherwise pre-occupied waitress, weak and watery alfredo sauce that was supposed to have shrimp which never came, an overwhelming cigarette smell and dirty carpets just to name a few. My medium rare hamburger was the better described as a hockey puck and although she said she'd be right back with mustard, 10 minutes later, I chose to eat it without rather than be eating my dinner after everyone else was finished. When she took away our drinks to refill, my son never did get his back and my daughter-in-law's club soda refill had the remnants of rootbeer foam on top of the ice. SHE GOT SOMEONE ELSE'S GLASS BACK!, the rest of us too? Needless to say, all of our appetites were now completely ruined to the point where we could no longer finish our meals. What happened to this place? Went from great food and service to totally gruesome! Needless to say,we won't be back.

• Visited April 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food, slower service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Was a little nervous going to tollerico's for nye dinner with my family of 10 people. We made reservations and were seated promptly at a table that actually too small for our large group. The menu that we received was limited to fairly expenSive Italian dishes and steak/seafood. We asked if there was a bar menu....there was and a few of our group ordeed from it.

service was slow to take our order but she was pleasant. Group ordered fried zucchini and mozzarella as apps....both good. Steaks off menu: choice of garlic butter or mushroom demiglace. Mushroom was great and garlic butter steak was not. Chicken Parmesan was excellent. Order extra sauce because it is tasty. If you are allergic or do notvlike cheese I would not recommend the sauce because it is made with it(excellent otherwise).

This was a great meal although the cramped seating.

A little overpriced