“For a Days Inn - not what you would expexct”

Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had four rooms, all four rooms, my friends had cold showers on multiple days. My towel rod broke. This is not what I have come to expect from Days Inn. I have been to many, this is a bad eye for Days Inn.

Room Tip: We had to walk up, if you have a problem with climbing, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
wilma c, Manager at Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

we apologize for the broken towel bar and we do have an elevator , you did not need to take stairs unless you wanted to, as for the cold showers we do apologize for that also.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

staff are rude, with attitude. not professional. pictures does not match he actual thing. smelllllllllll like hell. flooring is bad (my mom allergy started once we walked in). when I did not want to check in and apologized and left. I called the website I booked through and they had me to call the hotel to confirm that they will approve my refund. the front desk manager give me attitude and she accused me for speaking to my mom in my native language in front of her and refused to honor my refund and hang up on me. since then I have been going back and forth and they are the reason for holding my money. that was my first experience with days Inn and for sure will be the last, never had that much troubles or even such issues in any of my hotel stays any where.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
wilma c, Manager at Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I apologize if you thought we were rude as for the room I strongly disagree with you that the room was that bad after we held the room for you due to your plane being late,it would of been cordial if you would of let us know that you was staying.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Husband had stayed here years ago and working in the area, we came here for the night. Tractor trailer parking very tight and limited but do-able. Pets allowed with the standard $10 fee. The gentleman at the front desk checking us in, Emit, was extremely friendly, courteous and just very accommodating. We got a room right near the office facing our vehicle. Found the room to be neat, clean, odor free. Lots of pillows, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, internet took awhile to get on to, mini fridge, microwave and one cup coffee maker. Stayed only the one night and didn't experience any problems. Actually quite surprised with this hotel. Area is good, price was right. Complimentary breakfast in the morning but it looks like the usual fare served.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Ginny. thank you for the nice compliments about our hotel and we will be looking to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm not the kind of person who looks for 4 star quality in 2 star lodging, but even lower end hotels can be clean. The towels were dirty looking and the bathroom was not clean - especially around the door - finger prints, dirty runs down the door and hair.

On the plus side - the location is ideal - right off the turnpike. The office staff were very nice, both on check in & check out. Compared to other accomodations in the area, it really is the best price. I had a coupon which gave me an even more reduced rate, but one night is enough.

Room Tip: We always take the top floor when possible - here that the 3rd floor. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
wilma c, Manager at Days Inn Monroeville Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

When you have a do not disturb sign on your door, housekeeping staff will not enter the room. I apologize for your discomfort.

Reviewed 17 June 2014