DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
US$93
ComfortSuites
US$130
US$136
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville(Monroeville)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$118
US$295
US$131
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdouble treecookiesmonroeville convention centertop floorbreakfast buffetroom was cleannice hotelfamily reunionhot tubshopping and restaurantsstaff was friendlybusiness tripeasy accessindoor poolconvenient locationpa turnpikemall
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here for one night just after Christmas. We arrived late in the evening and were politely asked if we preferred 2 queens or a king bed room. We were traveling with two small children and I had read that some king rooms had a pullout sofa, thus asked for that. Indeed they had a King w/pullout available and we were on our way to the room on the 7th floor.

The room was clean, the bathroom, tiny. Barely enough room there to sit on the toilet, it was awkward. The pullout looked as if it had never been used, with just a waterproof mattress cover and no sheets. We looked all over in the room for sheets, blankets and pillows for the pullout but could not find any! I called down to the desk and asked if the room had sheets for the pullout. The reply was, "Probably not." There was a long pause and then he asked, "Would you like me to send some up?" Well, duh!?

The security guy came about 10 minutes later, armed with sheets. I asked him, "Oh, are there no blankets or pillows?"

"Would you like those?" was his reply.

Okay, that would seem obvious!? It was a very odd evening. We were too tired to care much, but customer service, though mostly friendly, was a little lacking here.

In the morning we checked out the breakfast, but felt the $15 per person charge was a little too high for our morning needs. Other than that, the heater/air conditioner was VERY loud in the room.
Could be a great hotel, but seemed a little off to us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for making us aware of your experience during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the miscommunication and delays to receive bedding for the pull-out sofa in your guest room. We take your comments very seriously and appreciate the opportunity to make things right. When your travel plans bring you back to our property, please allow us to treat your family to breakfast in our Share Restaurant & Lounge; we offer buffet, continental and a la carte options. It is our privilege to serve you.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were greeted immediately by a very friendly front desk staff. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, and it was very quiet. The hotel is near the mall and plenty of restaurants to eat at. There was a pretty Christmas tree in the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for being a guest of ours at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center and for sharing such kind words about our property. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were able to relax comfortably in your guest room. Also, I am glad that you were satisfied with our friendly staff and holiday decorations. Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here for a night in November and was pleasantly surprised at the updated rooms and service. Had stayed here a few years ago and was extremely disappointed, but what a difference a few years makes. Rooms have been updated, restaurant was updated and the service was great. Would definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top floor in a corner suite. Good view and nice room with all the amentities. Good value
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for being a guest of ours at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center and for sharing such kind words about our property. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and the renovations to our guest rooms and restaurant. Also, I am glad you were satisfied with our team member service. Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

The staff was wonderful and very knowledgeable also with being patience while I checked in. This is definitely a place that I would recommend to my business partners. Along with the luxury and location the Double Tree is an Oasis in the middle of no where.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being a guest of ours at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center and for sharing such kind words about our property. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and the service and knowledge of our front desk staff. We strive to make great impressions and are always happy to hear that a guest is willing to recommend our property for business or personal accommodations. Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was impressed with the room. It was nice to have a sofa in the room. I used the workout room. It was very nice. I used the pool and hot tub and was Impressed. The pool towels were high quality. The food in the restaurant was very good. My husband was in town for an interview that was going to be done at 2:00. I asked for a later checkout so that I didn't have to hang out in the lobby for a long time. I was told that I couldn't stay past 12:00 without paying a fee. I understand if the hotel was full but it was a weekday and definitely not full. I have been to other places across the country with my husband and most will let you stay until 1:00 or even 2:00. I am also a Hilton honors member but no special treatment because of it. I had to hang out in the lobby. :(

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for making us aware of your experience during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the menu selections in our restaurant, guest room, fitness club, and pool and hot tub. It is a new policy to charge a nominal fee for late check-outs, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you. We take your comments very seriously and appreciate the opportunity to make things right. When your travel plans bring you back to our property, please allow us to treat your family to breakfast in our Share Restaurant & Lounge; we offer buffet, continental and a la carte options. It is our privilege to serve you.