“Needs some refreshing but kudos to the staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Metro NY
“Needs some refreshing but kudos to the staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for one night on an impromptu Memorial Day weekend visit, 2 kids in tow. Checked in on Saturday to a fully booked facility -- and got NO cookies, which disappointed the kids. But, upon checkout, the super sweet Jon on Sunday duty saw to those cookies and raised us a few complimentary bottles of water for the road.

The room was clean but a bit musty. The carpet is GROSS and needs replacing, but otherwise the space was in good conditioned and appointed well enough. Beds are quite comfortable.

We got the package to include breakfast and were lucky to beat the enormous crowd that stood in line as we were leaving. I must say, for a buffet, the breakfast was very good, with fresh food and a lot of healthy options. We also availed ourselves of the pool area, which also was quite clean and in good condition.

The staff was very friendly. Even when the breakfast room got crowded, no one rushed us. The check out experience was great, even though we were a little late in vacating, with people practically falling over themselves to help with directions and advice.

The location, btw, is not the prettiest -- situated in the middle of some big mall and convention complex, about 20-30 minutes east of Pittsburgh. It happened to be convenient for our itinerary, though. If I had a choice, though, I think I'd prefer to stay somewhere inside Pittsburg proper.

All in all, I found this facility a good value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center.

I am pleased to hear you were impressed by the excellent customer service and friendliness of our team members and enjoyed the breakfast buffet in Share Restaurant & Lounge. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcomed and accommodate each request to the best of our ability.

I apologize that you did not receive a signature warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie upon check in, but I’m glad the Jon took the opportunity to make it right. I apologize that the carpet was not up to standards and I will talk with our Housekeeping department about correcting that issue.

Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Location is next to convention center and actually within walking distance of a Friday's and a Patron's restaurant with another mall across the street. Plenty of restaurant choices within 1 mile. Although a "blind" hotel selection, got a nice room. Comfortable but A/C too loud and thermostat inconsistent. Very surprised TV channels did NOT include FNC. Fitness room was outstanding with plenty of room, 3 heavy duty treadmills, a weight/pulley machine and fitness balls. Service staff very professional and friendly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2014

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and fine our staff to be friendly and helpful, enjoyed our Fitness Center, and visited Monroeville Mall across the street from our property, featuring over 120 stores and restaurants.

I apologize that the Air Condition Unit was inconsistent and noisy. I will have a discussion with our Chief Engineer about correcting that issue. I also apologize that your guest room did not receive Fox News Channel. At this time a certain portion of our rooms do receive this channel and some do not. The Front Desk Staff is happy to relocate a guest if they would like a room where this channel is available.

Again, thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you. We look forward to your future stays with us!
hazel crest, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was nice and roomy but it had no refrigerator and only a King size bed. I was traveling with my sister and I love her but I didn't want to share a bed with her. I requested doubles but was unable to get one. Also if you take medicine which needs to be refrigerated you are out of luck you better bring a cooler and fill it with ice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Monroeville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Extremely impressed with the level of service for this hotel. It is an old structure, but nicely redone. Especially Hilton honors benefits shown through. I was given a room on the top floor away from other interferences so it was a very relaxing stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center and for sharing such kind words about our property.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were impressed by the excellent customer service and friendliness of our team members. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcomed and accommodate each request to the best of our ability. I am glad you took advantage of our HHonors points and was pleased with your guest room.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just have to say that i love love love this hotel. The staff here is wonderful and my room was in top notch condition. I stayed here for a few days because I had an issue with my sewage at my house and needed a place to stay. My family and I were treated so well even though the staff didn't know that we were displaced they still treated us fantastic and made my stay a lot easier. My children loved the pool and hot tub and I enjoyed the restaurant and bar :-) I can not remember the name of the bar tender but she was awesome and I guess she had stayed the night because she was also there in the morning helping serve the wonderful breakfast they offer. I love this hotel the only complaint I might have is the pool is absolutely freezing and I would think that it would be regulated since it's an indoor pool but other than that this hotel is definitely awesome...please heat your pool during the colder months.

Room Tip: Corner suites are def the best I love the amount of space in them. Also if you can check and see if...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I am glad you were satisfied with our clean guest rooms, the service of our team members, and am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that our restaurant and lounge staff made you feel at home

I apologize that the pool was not at a comfortable temperature and will talk to our Engineering team about better regulating the temperature.

Pittsburgh, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

staff was great, celebrating anniversary and the room was not what I was expecting. I was looking for more of a relaxing atmosphere with a lovely bathroom in which it was not. The cookies were hard, cold and very dissatisfying for the first time ever. Not sure if I would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Olney, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The front desk did an exceptional job....this hotel is pet friendly and we stay here for that reason and they always give us a nice room and everyone is very accomodating. The restaurant was also awesome...the food was delicious and nice selection...everyone there was also great!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and enjoyed our clean and comfortable pet friendly guest rooms, efficient and polite hotel staff, and enjoyed Share Restaurant and Lounge. It is our goal to make our guests feel welcomed and accommodate each request to the best of our ability.