“Good hotel, restaurant service not so much”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville was a very nice hotel in which to stay-clean and comfortable and quiet (even though there was a comics convention and a high school reunion staying).
However, Share, the restaurant, had terrible service. The food was great, but the orders were extremely slow in coming and some of the orders were not correct.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Be aware; It was AFTER the fact, I was informed that my reservations (no-discounted rates or special programs applicable) were subject to "no-cancel/no-refund" conditions. Calls to "corporate" fell short of resolution, the hotel however, when the extra mile to satisfy our circumstances. Gorrd work from those who actually "serve" the guest - boo to the corporate "bean-counters"

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stayed at this property several times in the past. A few years ago in was purchased by Hilton as it used to be a Raddison. For the most part they have done a lot of renovations however the rooms are still out-dated and need some TLC. I received a standard king bed during my stay which I found peculiar as the hotel was no where near sold out and I should've been upgraded per my diamond status. I was only with them one night so it wasn't a huge deal. The bfast buffet needs a lot of work. I was not impressed as there was not a lot large selection to choose from. I wasn't paying so it did the job but I wouldn't pay. They gym is not huge however the machines are great to get your workout in.

The hotel is right next to the Mall which is really nice to have options when it comes to restaurants and shopping. It's convenient to 376 which makes for a great place to stay.

I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling in the Pittsburgh/Monroeville area. You can't go wrong with staying with one of the BEST!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank randy w
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Room Division Manager Jason [-------] was very negative and rude with US. I opened case by calling Hilton Customer services under (file number 12852821). In summary, the employee at the front desk gave us 10 breakfast cards for 5 room/for 2 days. When I asked him if each card is for 2 adults as per the reservation, he said yes. However, Jason embarrassed the whole family in the morning and pulled us from the breakfast area in such a way that was not acceptable to any one. When I explained to him that the employee said that each card is for 2 adult, he told us that there is no way any employee would say that and he kept repeating this all the time as if we are saying lies. Because of that we cancelled the 2nd day and went to another Double Tree hotel close by where we were received better. This experience disappointed the whole family and delayed us from meeting our plan which was to visit Kennyewood park. Our Children were also impacted and our day was fixed badly by the odd behavior of the impolite and ill-mannered manager. I felt sorry for taking my family there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zuhair A
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on Trip Advisor. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Please feel free to reach out to me direclty to discuss this in more detail

Lance Rihn

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The place looks nice but the bathroom was so small that you could not open or close the door while sitting on the throne. They did not offer a discount at the restaurant and the guests for $100 per night htey should have given you atleast a continental breakfast or coffee for free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

A very clean and modern hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The event banquet meals were good. It is in clos proximity to many large corporation sites and the Monroeville Mall is adjacent to the hotel. Numerous eating establishments near to the hotel premises as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Worst hotel I stayed in totally understaffed rooms were not ready and after repeated request to have rooms made up they were done after 6:30 PM every day on a four day stay. Eating in the hotel restaurant was just as bad it took 15-20 minutes to have someone to take your order than it took 30 minutes to get your food. I talked to other guest staying at the hotel and they were experiencing the same problems

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to repsond to this site. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss this in more detail

Lance Rihn