“Sweet Deal through Priceline” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Frankenmuth, Michigan
“Sweet Deal through Priceline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

I bid on a hotel in the Monroeville area, as we only planned on staying one night on our way to Hershey/Lancaster and I did not want to spend a fortune. The Doubletree picked up my offer. I was delighted from the moment I set foot in their lobby; the hotel appears to be recently renovated and modern. The kids loved it, too....especially when we were greeted with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies upon our arrival. The hotel is also convenient to a mall, the expressway and of course, Pittsburgh.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

This is an old property that has been thoroughly revitalized. I stayed at it when it was a Radisson, but after a complete renovation (the hotel was closed for a about a year and was virtually gutted), it is now amazing and truly up to Doubletree standards.The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. I stayed there for five nights and interacted with the staff quite a bit, and for the most part, they are top notch going above and beyond, and the same can be said for the hotel's management. The hotel is a little over a mile from the area's hotels along the interstate highway, but well worth the drive.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto. Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed here with my family while visiting the SV Temple in the area. I booked the hotel on Priceline for only $50/night and it was a great deal.

Hotel is obviously quite new - large guest rooms, nice bedding, free WiFI, flat screen TV's...we were very comfortable. Check-in was easy and the desk staff very pleasant. We were also greeted with the apparently 'famous' Doubletree cookies which were delicious!

Hotel also has a pool/whirlpool. The only drawback is the lack of a complimentary breakfast, but I did see several patrons who seemed to be enjoying the for-pay breakfast. Would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

We just got back from a whirl wind trip to Pittsburgh. We work for a hotel chain that has a property out in Green Tree but decided to stay in Monroeville due to the fact it was way closer to all the weddings errands we had to run. We got there later in the evening and were whopped tired from the all day trip from the West Coast. The guy at the desk was very friendly and welcoming. As a hotelier I am a little more picky than the average traveler but I was more than happy with this hotel, especially with the rate we paid on Hotwire ($67)! The beds were comfy (Sleep Number) and the rooms were well appointed and clean. The shower was great and to a tired traveler is very important. The only comment or suggestion I would have for the hotel is to put the mini fridge microwave combo in the room. If you are there for more than one night it would be very helpful. Other than that everything was great and I would go stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

We were visiting Carnegie Mellon and choose this hotel for the price ($125 for 2 queen bed room) and proximity to the university (15 min). The outside isn't the most attractive, but most rooms have a good view of the surrounding area. The mall is very close so there are tons of shops & restaurants near by (although we got the impression that the mall was in decline because there were very few folks around on a Tue night and 2 major anchors had closed).

It has a very nice pool.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I am rating this stay as high as possible, because the hotel certainly met our expectations and the management exceeded them. I had a recent personal security issue at the hotel (possibly nothing more than a guest being a little too "friendly," but alas I was not comfortable), and I mentioned my concerns to the security guard who immediately advised the front desk. The front desk manager was fantastic, alerting the manager and offering to change my room. The manager and security personnel personally took us to another room and checked on us throughout the night. They went way above and beyond for probably a very isolated incident. Both rooms that we saw (and certainly the one that we stayed in) were large, well-kept, new accessories, and the hotel went above and beyond again, delivering extra cookies, drinks and coupons for breakfast to us. I would have no hesitation in staying there again. The staff is professional and very, VERY well-trained. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank gracegarden
Gainesville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

This hotel is brand new inside/out---modern decor, COMFORTABLE BEDDING, Work desk is great, Free high speed internet, flat screen TV's, friendly staff---I could go on and on. The food is great, and the night auditor, Tamkea was very nice and knowledgeable. I will stay here every time I come to the area which is about 4 times per year. I have stayed at several of the other hotels in the immediate area and they don't hold a candle to this hotel or the staff.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business