“A gem off the side of the road” 5 of 5 bubbles

Northwood Motel
Northwood Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Montgomery
Rochester
“A gem off the side of the road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've passed by the Northwood Motel no fewer than 100 times over the years as I drove on U.S. route 15 for one reason or another, but I never had the occasion to stay there. So on a leisure trip last month, I made it a point to see what this little family-owned motel was all about. I'm glad I stopped, and I will happily stay there again!
Don't be fooled into thinking that because route 15 is a major north-south road, you will have trouble sleeping. Quite the opposite. The hotel is situated far enough from the street that noise is not a problem. My room was quite spacious, and although I didn't need them, had a microwave and a small refrigerator. Not bad for less than $50, tax included.
The next time you are in the Williamsport area, save yourself some cash and bypass all the chain hotels, and spend a night at the Northwood Motel. You won't be disappointed. I sure wasn't!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jason W

Families
West Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stayed here in august for work in nearby Muncy Valley. It wasn't the closest place to where I was working but they offered a better rate. It is an older worn down motel that needs some TLC. It was not filthy or infested but not what most people would consider as a first option either. It would have suited our needs but shortly after we moved in, the owners started to play the rate game. If I'm staying long term I will not abide by meaningless rate hikes especially when the place is vacant. We left to a much nicer and in the long run, cheaper hotel nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gr8_times4_2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia

Been to Northwood Motel? Share your experiences!