“HOME AWAY FROM HOME...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Deer Motel

White Deer Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montgomery
White Deer Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Montgomery
Chesapeake
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My name is Jerrian, i came up there July 4th-7th. I absolutely enjoyed my stay. I read from other folks reviews of this motel and i was impressed,by the feedback. Everyone was saying how clean and comfortable the rooms are thats what got my vote to visit here. When i called the manager picked up the phone and the first thing she said was how the rooms were very clean as i talked to her. So, thats what got my vote to try and accomodate myself here. I came up from Virginia to visit a close friend of minds and it was very pleasant, along with great views of the mountain tops. Food and restaurants are only a few miles of way. So therefore, i didn't get lost when i went out on my own. I'm planning to reserve another room and return back in late September. Hopefully you will enjoy your stay as i did mines. May God Bless You All!!!!

Room Tip: I rented the family room and these rooms are bigger. It has a kitchen, refridgerator, big bathroom a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Having passed by this motel on U.S. route 15 for many years, I finally decided to stay there, and I wasn't disappointed. My room had a microwave, small refrigerator; and outside there was a charcoal grill and picnic table available for guest use. The motel sits enough away from the road that traffic noise was not a problem. Mario, the owner, was a very friendly man, and made me feel welcome. Definitely a better choice than all of the chain motels and hotels in nearby Williasport and Lewisburg! I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jason W
Warren, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were on our way to Ohio, when we decided to stay at the White Deer Motel. I stayed here with my husband in the older part of the motel, but it was still very nice. The rooms were very clean, all came with tv, fridge, and microwave. The owners were very friendly to us. I definetly recommend this place to anyone who is traveling, and looking for a nice room. Will definetly stay here on our way back!!

Room Tip: To be sure you will have a room, make reservations ahead of time!! We were lucky they had 2 rooms le...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kirstie_Marie
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

It was clear from prior reviews (and from the binder in the room once I got there) that the owners are concerned about keeping their motel in good shape, so your experience there will depend on their level of trust. As an adult woman traveling alone, I figured it would be a good place for me to stay, and I was right. For half the cost of a mediocre hotel or motor inn, I had a clean and spacious room with a refrigerator, microwave, and wifi. I had to move near the window for wifi reception, but it worked. The motel is right on route 15, but even with the bathroom window open, the sound did not bother me. I didn't care that the TV is smaller than elsewhere and there's no breakfast room, gym, or lobby. For people traveling between Baltimore/Washington and Buffalo/Rochester, it's a great location for breaking up the trip.

Tip: The prices are not posted on the website, so be sure to ask the price before making your reservation.

To my surprise, the Northwood Motel was right next door and looks similar from the outside. It's not listed on TripAdvisor; Yahoo has one good and one bad review of it. There's a third 1950s-style motel (Ridgemont, formerly City View) just south of the Little League stadium. So clearly this area offers a choice of this type of place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank orangerook
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Was visiting some of my friends in Williamsport, Pa. Everytime I visit PA, I always stop at the White Deer Motel. This is one of my favorite motels to go to. The owners are always very friendly, and the motel is very clean and well taken care of. If u want a great clean motel, this is definetly it! This is a great place to stay and i would definetly recommend it to everyone! :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank FamilyVacations61
Harrison, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

we stopped for an overnighter on sat night after a family reunion!! we checked in late and the desk personnel gave us another towel ( because there was 3 in our group).
when we got to our room, i saw there was only 1 other bath towel but decided not to call the desk because we wanted to go out for something to eat! we got back really late (because we got lost) . we called it a night because we needed to check out early next morning!

my mistake was i should have called the desk about the missing towel right away. i came home a week later ,after our vacation, to have this message on the phone that they were missing a towel!! they insisted that the house keeper put out enough towels and that we took it ! and they complained because a towel was "ruined" ( hair dye ran)...and they charged me 20 $ to replace them ! and in the room was the binder with all these rules and regulations about what to do with their stuff in the room !

we have never been charged for ruining a towel and we do not steal towels from hotels ! i told him if there was a next time that we stayed there,we will bring in our own towels ! but there won't be !!

Room Tip: report to the desk right away about a discrepancy !!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank beanneb
Western NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have been staying at the White Deer for about 10 years now, 2 to 3 times a year. Excellent Mom and Pop, original section is classic 50's 60's style, rooms are smaller, but clean, with updated furnishings, carpets etc. All rooms have Fridge and Microwave. Beds comfortable. The Newer Annex has larger rooms, and some have Kitchenette area. This has changed hands a few years ago, but the new owners never skipped a beat on the operation and upkeep of this family run business.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
8 Thank Yeskino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to White Deer Motel? Share your experiences!