“Such a Wonderful Motel!”
Review of White Deer Motel

White Deer Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montgomery
White Deer Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Montgomery
Miami Beach, Florida
“Such a Wonderful Motel!”
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We were visiting some family in the area, and decided to stay at the White Deer Motel. I really enjoyed how the owners were very friendly to me and my entire family. The rooms are extremely clean, and they have also wireless for my laptop. I asked for 2 extra towels and the owner was very nice about giving me some extra towels for my kids. We slept very well, and we checked out with a friendly goodbye. I will definnetly reccommend this motel to all my friends, not only was it not expensive, but they are very friendly to everyone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank FamilyVacations61

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooklyn, Michigan
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We booked online based on the reviews. They are all correct. Clean comfortable room the only complaint is the pillow. We handled the road noise by leaving the a/c fan on. The only problem was my daughter brought the grandkids to see us for a few hours. The owner immeditally came out to insure that they would not be spending the night. We assured her they would not. We left the room and did not return until 8:05 pm. I took the kids in to wash them up for the drive home while things we had brought for them were transfered to my daughters van. My daughter was meet at the bottom of the stairs by the owner wanting to know when they would be leaving stating that cousomers were complaining. They left at 8:30 pm. The owner than stated to me that calls were coming in that people could not sleep because of the noise. We didn't let them run , jump or use the tv. They were there in the room 25 minutes. I only see my grandkids a few times a year because we live in MI and they live in PA. I am not happy at the way we were treated.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danny2gail
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Yes, this motel is very clean, but it's also VERY noisy. It's very close to Rte 15 and the trucks go by all night and the air conditioner is also very loud. I was put off when the owner balked when asked for a third towel - not very hospitable. Both me and my husband didn't sleep well.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nootie06
London
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Booked a room at this motel and was greeted by a very frienly lady.
I must say the room were a pleasure to be in, clean fresh towels, bed had clean sheets and I got a good impression overal.
They had wireless internet access and a large parking area, felt quiet and peaceful with shops a few miles away.
I really had a pleasant stay there and would definately recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank omegauk
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 3 September 2009

It is advertised and was confirmed over the phone that there would be high speed internet. This was not the case. I had to literally sit in the parking lot with my laptop in sight of the wireless router to get messages home via ONLY FaceBook. Regular E-mail wouldn't work at all. When I confronted the owners numerous times with this problem, they just didn't seem to get it at all.
I have a bad back and so took a blow-up matress so as to accomodate this. The owner seemed more concerned about this,,,, that she might have been missing out on an extra $20 nightly fee, than my comfort. SHE also took the word of others that I may have checked out and almost denied my spouse that prepaid room for the final night. How dare she...... Last time I checked, I was a big boy at 48 yrs. old.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmohrjr
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We chose this motel after striking out in Watsontown. It's a little '50s motel set back from the highway on a big lawn. We paid $50 + tax for our room, in the one story wing. The room was very clean, and had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was also very clean, but the toilet was sadly the only original fixture. The bed was really comfortable, and the sheets and towels were a step up from what you normally get in these older budget places. We ended our evening sitting out on the swing on the lawn. It was quiet and safe enough that we left the a/c off and opened the windows.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank roadtripperMaryland
nc
Reviewed 26 November 2007

This is a cute little hotel that provides country friendliness, clean rooms and doesn't cost very much. The people were eager to please. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. We were in the annnex and had a larger room with 2 beds and a small kitchen.

• Liked — comfortable beds
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank Jessie A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Genetti Hotel & Suites
Genetti Hotel & Suites
#4 of 14 in Williamsport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport

Been to White Deer Motel? Share your experiences!