“Happy I was able to cancel”

Rodeway Inn Conference Center
Norfolk, Virginia
“Happy I was able to cancel”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We showed up early for our reservation and tried to get our room. The desk clerk was rude and unaccomodating. There were only two cars in the parking lot but she was unwilling to reassign us a room. We were very unimpressed w/the look of this motel and fortunatly we were ably to cancel and get a room up the street at the Comfort Inn and were able to check in early thanks to a helpful clerk. Glad to not stay at this over=priced motor inn.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Glenside
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed at the quality Inn for my wedding day, I did not stay over night. During my check out the employee did not know how to work the computer system and I waited 20 minutes for him to do the check out. Every time I went there the employees would be sitting behind the desk looking down, not even greeting the costumers that came in. After the 20 minute checkout, the employee charged me twice on my credit card and could not explain why. I even called to speak to the manager and he couldn't explain why. They didn't even apologize for their mistake. The employees at the Quality Inn in Montgomeryville PA need some Quality training. The service is ridiculous and the employees are clueless.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Montgomeryville hotels

Chennai, India
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Rooms are OK but bit smaller, typical Motel type layout with parking lot right in front of the rooms. Far away from the downtown Philadelphia and no public transport available nearby. Taxi service is very bad and takes lot of time. If you are on business, you should avoid this hotel. Only plus point was the malls and the shopping center was right across the road.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
mass
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Got there at 9PM no problems except the police cars two doors down from our room. Trooper knocked on my door at 10PM wanted to know if I saw anything, apparently someone was shot two doors down. Nice! No I replied hoping that I wasn't next. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Two weeks later still waiting for the hotel to submit the bill to AMEX so I can get reimbursed for the travel. Do yourself a favor go some place else. I thought that perhaps I got the dead body discount but no they said. I tried.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while in town for a wedding. We were greeted by the front desk staff sitting in a chair behind the desk, and sat there the whole time while checking us in. Every encounter we had with the staff, they just sat there, not caring about the guest in front of them. We asked for directions to a couple of places and were told she had no idea. She told us to look in the phone book to call the places and ask ourselves. We even asked for a local taxi service...and again told to look in the phone book.
On an O.K note, the room was clean and had the basics. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelingfamily145
Reviewed 27 April 2009

It's 2009 and we're about to book another family visit to the Philadelphia area. For some reason, I was sure we stayed in a Comfort Inn. I had to go back and check the old reservation (yes, I keep these things) to make sure we didn't book into the same dump again. I wish I'd known about this site then. I felt the need to report the horrendous experience we had at this "hotel".

We arrived and the desk clerk insisted to my husband that we didn't have a reservation. We'd just driven 8 hours and that was not what I wanted to hear. I went through the paperwork we had with us and he went back in with the confirmation. Apparently that still wasn't enough. Eventually we got a room: in a cinder-block building way in the back. It had dented steel doors, peeling paint, and was about the size of my (very small) dining room. Oh, and we had to go through two rooms because the one they'd originally assigned us didn't have a working bathroom. I mean - there was no toilet. I believe I remember sleeping with my shoes on that night. There were drunk people banging on the doors all hours into the night. Thankfully my 3 year old sleeps through anything. We drove home after the family event - just to avoid having to stay another night in that he**hole. This is the kind of place that kids in high school rent out for a night of uninterrupted drinking.

Thankfully, I realized that I had the Quality Inn and the Comfort Inn mixed up in my head, and didn't accidentally book this place again. We are pretty staunch "Choice Hotel" chain people. We're used to "not fancy" - but this was beyond. I'm shocked this is a "quality inn". I checked that it doesn't have any of the amenities, because I can tell you - we saw NOTHING in this place that was as advertised. "Would I recommend this hotel to a friend?" "No" is not emphatic enough. I am not sure I'd recommend it to someone I detested.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank dsw2000
St. Louis
Reviewed 16 December 2008

The room was clean and neat with plenty of space. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was helpful. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — The traffic. Hard to get in and out.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomeryville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Residence Inn Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Rodeway Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!